Travelling to CHB from Wolverhampton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MSD

Travelling to CHB from Wolverhampton

Post by MSD »

Are there any parents who travel to CHB from Wolverhampton?

MSD
reeyah

Re: Travelling to CHB from Wolverhampton

Post by reeyah »

There may be some who do MSD, but school journey time is v important. I can never quite comprehend why anyone would send their DC to a school that far.. They would be exhausted just by the travelling!
MSD

Post by MSD »

Thanks Reeyah!

If he is lucky enough to get a place at CHB more than likely we will relocate closer. But I am sure there are children who travel and I wanted to know how they manage the journey.

MSD
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Good idea MSD, best thing is to move closer :)

Mind u, I'm verryyyy lazy myself and that's probably why I keel over in horror at the thought of travelling everyday :wink:

Good luck, I hope you come to a decision soon and well done to your DS!
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Sorry MSD I don't know anyone who does although I'm sure there must be some who do this journey. I have to admit completely ruling out applying for CHB for my DS based on travelling time and difficulty of journey, although we're not in Wolverhampton. I did briefly consider FW due to the Green Bus route via Penn but I personally still felt the journey time was too long. If CHB is your preferred school then if moving closer is an option for you I think that would be a very sensible decision IMHO. Your DS will have homework and after school activities and everyone needs some down time in the evening before doing it all again the next day. Not sure whereabouts in Wolverhampton you are but both QMB and AGS are also fantastic schools and may be easier to get to without needing to move? Have you ruled them out completely?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Some parents think nothing of sending their son to CHB from Derby every day so I'm sure there will be some from Wolverhampton. My own feeling is that our son leaves the house unpleasantly early even for his 2 mile journey, I wouldn't be happy about him trekking halfway across the Midlands.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Thanks Professor and Mike!

We live around the Sedgley area not far from Penn Road.

Still not submitted our form but I think we have almost ruled out QM and AGS. Our top two choices are CH and FW but not sure which one will be at the top.

Although we have a Green bus service close from house to FW it departs at 7am in the morning and arrives back around 5:10pm in the evening. That's almost 3 and half hours on the bus every day. Might be a bit too much. So for either of these schools we might have to relocate and find something we can afford.

MSD
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

MSD, are you aware Adams run a bus that picks up in Wolverhampton at 0750. It is only 30 minutes to get to the school.

We also live in Sedgley and are currently considering which schools to choose - son has a choice of BV and Aston and possibly FW. AGS and OSH are slim chances. Whichever one it ends up being travel is involved, unfortunately that is the nature of the beast.

I know boys who catch the bus at 0650 for FW from Milking Bank and they don't seem too bothered by it. It just becomes routine - they generally appear to mess about in the morning and get some homework done in the evening.

Would like him to get a top 10 place at WGS then it is free - and one 20 minute bus ride from home. :lol:
MSD

Post by MSD »

Thanks Happy dad!

Yeah, Adams would be an option but we haven't even visited the school. The only schools we have been to are CHB, FW and QM Walsall.

It's nice to know that there are boys out there catching the green bus early in the morning. This lovely boy who showed us around CHB stated that the highlight of his school day has to be the bus journey and they seem to have a lot of fun together.

MSD
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Good luck with whatever you decide MSD, you have some fantastic schools to choose from and I'm sure you will make the right decision for you and your DS
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now