RGS from Maidstone

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

monstermum

RGS from Maidstone

Post by monstermum »

Does anyone know anyone who already does this or who might be in 2013? according to the site we mustn't mention 30 children ( a whole class) came from outside Medway this intake. Guess many really live in Medway but come under Kent?
Twinpeeks

Re: RGS from Maidstone

Post by Twinpeeks »

monstermum wrote:Does anyone know anyone who already does this or who might be in 2013? according to the site we mustn't mention 30 children ( a whole class) came from outside Medway this intake. Guess many really live in Medway but come under Kent?

I live in Kent and hope that my daughter gets into RGS with her score.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Hi Twinpeeks and welcome.

Do you mind sharing where you will come from? We're in Maidstone so looking at transport ideas. You can PM if you'd rather.

MM
Twinpeeks

Post by Twinpeeks »

monstermum wrote:Hi Twinpeeks and welcome.

Do you mind sharing where you will come from? We're in Maidstone so looking at transport ideas. You can PM if you'd rather.

MM
Hi MM,
Just visited RGS this morning. I don't think it's on any bus route from where we live -Cobham.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

http://www.11-19travel.info/site.aspx?siteId=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This website has the buses straight to Rochester. We've found a much better route from Maidstone than the one on here by looking at changing buses. Did you like RGS? Did you go last Saturday too?
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Here's the Cuxton bus.

http://www.11-19travel.info/site.aspx?siteId=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to change at Huntman's corner which then has a direct bus to school in just over 5 mins.
Peter

Post by Peter »

monstermum wrote:Does anyone know anyone who already does this or who might be in 2013? according to the site we mustn't mention 30 children ( a whole class) came from outside Medway this intake. Guess many really live in Medway but come under Kent?
I quote from that website, for 2012 entry: "151 Medway children into Kent schools; 148 Kent children into Medway schools. Whilst this sounds an equal exchange, a detailed analysis shows otherwise, with 105 Kent children pouring into the five Medway grammar schools, 31 to Rochester Grammar and roughly equal numbers to each of the other four, underlining the sharply falling rolls in Medway. This still leaves over a hundred grammar school places empty in Medway before appeals.....". You will find the number of those crossing the other way or across other boundaries in the same place. Sadly I am forbidden to provide the link.

From the same source: The Medway Test for 2013 entry had 36 out of county children passing before Review, but these excluded the 231 from Kent who passed. Of course a considerable number of the latter come from south Walderslade, north of the M2 but formally in Kent (it pays to have local knowledge; you need to know the area to understand this one).
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

That's what I thought Peter. My husband works for KCC and travels to Kent schools. Some 'in' Medway. Very interesting. Thanks for providing more info.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

The ones which spring to mind as being really or nearly in Medway, but officially Kent are Bredhurst, Burham, Wouldham and Tunbury. All except Tunbury are small village schools.

But I'd put money on them not accounting for the whole 31. If you ask them tomorrow when you turn up, they might be able to give you the answer at the end of the tour. :)
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now