Kent 13+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pinkpanther

Kent 13+

Post by pinkpanther »

just wanted to find out if anyone knows the format and subjects tested for the 13+ in Kent. I've been told it's NVR and VR only but want to be sure.

What materials do I need to use - would be really greatful for all suggestions.
yoyo123

Re: Kent 13+

Post by yoyo123 »

As far as I am aware, there is no formal 13+. i was under the impression that each school set its own test for later applicants.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Do you mean for Cranbrook?
pinkpanther

Post by pinkpanther »

not sure about the school - it's for an acquaintance who is moving to Kent. They contacted a school in Bexley and were told their ds would be tested in VR and NVR. They just want to make sure what level of preparation they need to do.
lefol

Post by lefol »

For Bexley I think its Non verbal and Verbal reasoning test.. the papers are set by GL Assessment. You can buy practice papers on this site or at any other book shops. Do tell your friend to contact the council to get details of the entry requirements for Year 9 as they expect the child to be at grammar school level before they can take the test. For Kent schools its slightly different.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

aha! that explains it, Bexley is in the County of Kent, but not in the area covered by KCC as Local Authority. I'll move this to the Bexley and Bromley section
christmasbonus

Post by christmasbonus »

The Bexley Selection test (11+) is currently VR and Maths. There may be changes afoot though. I've no idea what a 13+ test would involve I'm afraid.
pinkpanther

Post by pinkpanther »

Thank you everyone for help so far - he has bought the GL packs and is going to start as soon as they come through the post
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

I'm pretty certain that when a friend's daughter took the 12+ in Bexley it was a maths and english paper. I think it would be best to contact Bexley and double check.