AGGS school hours?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Halemum

AGGS school hours?

Post by Halemum »

Hi, my daughter woke up panicking this morning wondering what the school hours are for AGGS. She will be on at me every day for the next 11 months until she starts if I don't find out. I looked on their website but couldn't find it there.

Can anyone help put me out of the misery I'm going to be enduring?

Many thanks. :D
TraffordMum

Re: AGGS school hours?

Post by TraffordMum »

Registration is 8.35. School is out at 3.30.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

TraffordMum wrote:Registration is 8.35. School is out at 3.30.
Thanks TM x
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Lessons start at 9. 1st lesson 9.05-10.05, 2nd lesson 10.05-11.05. Rec is from 11.05-11.25. 3rd lesson is 11.25 - 12.25. Lunch is 12.25 to 1.25. Registration 1.25 - 1.30. 4th lesson 1.30 - 2.30. 5th lesson 2.30 - 3.30.

(as dictated by Y12 daughter :lol: )

The exciting bit is that they operate an 8 day timetable!
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Yes the 8 day timetable takes a while to get your head around! No more "its Monday so it's pe". Thankfully they get given a really good diary which tracks all the days. You will be amazed at how organised she will become :)
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

jugglermum wrote:Yes the 8 day timetable takes a while to get your head around! No more "its Monday so it's pe". Thankfully they get given a really good diary which tracks all the days. You will be amazed at how organised she will become :)
Organised?! :shock: my DD? :shock: Surely that is impossible?

Thank you both for your very informative replies. She will have hours of fun playing Schools with her sister and sticking to the timetable. :D
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

jugglermum wrote:Yes the 8 day timetable takes a while to get your head around! No more "its Monday so it's pe". Thankfully they get given a really good diary which tracks all the days. You will be amazed at how organised she will become :)
Hi TM, what is 8 day timetable...does Venus have 8 days in a week....sorry so lost on this googly, Doh! :roll:
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

When I was at school back in the dark ages we had the same lessons every Monday, the same every Tuesday etc.

At Alty Boys they run a 10 day timetable so they have a Week 1 and a Week 2 that is repeated over and over again.

At Alty Girls it is an 8 day timetable which basically means if you start with a Monday you have Mon as Day 1, Tues as Day 2, Wed as Day 3 etc etc through to the following Wed being Day 8. Then you start again with Day 1 on the Thursday and repeat.

It sounds weird and it is hard to keep straight in your head but the homework diary that the girls are given has it all set out with the date and the corresponding Day number and they seem to manage fine. It does avoid that "oh my goodness it's wednesday afternoon that means it must be double maths" feeling that I recall!
NotAPushyMum

Post by NotAPushyMum »

Yes, asking what day it is with a pupil from AGGS gets you a numbered answer, not the day of the week.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now