Kent appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dennis

Kent appeal

Post by dennis »

Hi Etienne - I'm in a similar sitation with my son and the Head has told me to get a remark on the paper before applying for schoold as this can make a difference to the scores and produce a pass but Kent tell me you can't get a remark - can you clear this up. can we get a remark of the papers now?? Thanks
Etienne

Re: Kent appeal

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!

I was under the impression that you could view papers by appointment in Kent, and that a manual re-mark would be done automatically. I hope some of the Kent regulars might be able to confirm this?
Etienne
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Yes, I looked at my son's papers 3 years ago and they were manually remarked before I viewed them.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

I'm not sure what is going on with Kent advice line as I was told today we can see the past papers in school?? Sure this isn't true.....
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Yes , you can make an appt to see the answer papers only at Kcc's Sessions House in Maidstone. I think that you may have to wait a couple of weeks at least for the appointment. You cannot see the question papers but the answer sheets may throw some light on any issues....also when they pull the papers for you to see them they also do a manual re-mark/
Hope that helps
Tigger
dennis

Post by dennis »

Thank you Etienne and also other posts - the help lines at this time of year seem to be using callers with a cheat sheet and if you dont ask the right question you dont get the answer you need! I will aim to book to see the paper and get the remark.

Thank you for your prompt help all.

Dennis
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

I understand from another year 6 mum that extra support has been drafted in from other depts with no experience of education just to cover the rush now and again in March :roll:
dennis

Post by dennis »

Thanks for the tips i have ascertained that you contact Kent Secondary Admissions and request to view your childs papers. They will then manually re-mark them and call you with the scores you can then decide if you want to go and view them. The advantage of this is they will be remarked manually and either confirm the score or if they notice any obvious errors correct them which may give the extra point or points needed.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now