HT Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
palacebelle

HT Review

Post by palacebelle »

Hi all
I posted this on a different page and think its more an appeals issue. Hope that is okay. Just looking for some advice.

Our DD didnt pass (we are OCC) and we wont get scores until tomorrow. We had parents evening tonight and when we mentioned this to her teacher he said that there was only a couple of points in it. He then went on to say that they were only given 2 days to get a HT review back to KCC. (We live in Devon). We had informed the school that our DD was taking the test a while ago and when we spoke to the HT she said she would support us fully and thought that our DD would be suitable for a GS. She is also a schools co-ordinator and spends alot of time away from the school. However tonight DD's teacher said that the Acting Head didnt have enough to time to collate the relevant information back to KCC in two days. She apparently rang them and explained this but we are not sure what they said. DD's teacher said that it didnt go back in to KCC until the following week. :roll: DH is going to see her tomorrow and also call KCC.

So my question is where do we stand on this? Is there a stipulation that the review has to be back in by a certain time? Can they look at it at a late stage? Would they have still looked at it ? Can it be taken into consideration now?

:?
tigger2

Re: HT Review

Post by tigger2 »

Hi...I don't know the exact dates but know that there is a very limited time with a strict deadline to make these 'review' applications to enable Kcc to make the necessary adjustments to their admin. I think that you should call Kcc and ask to speak to the 11+ head there but I am afraid that I think you will probably have to resort to appealing next March. I dont think that there are any cases that I have read/heard of where the ht review takes place after results day in any circumstances and sadly doubt that it could be taken into consideration now. I am glad that you have such strong ht support and can only advise you to make notes of the circumstances now and get a copy of the ht review application backed up by an explanation for the late submission by your ht to be taken into consideration next March after allocations day. Sorry to sound so bleak...if you get stuck for the head of the 11+'s details I can provide an email ....

Tigger
palacebelle

Post by palacebelle »

tigger2 wrote:Hi...I don't know the exact dates but know that there is a very limited time with a strict deadline to make these 'review' applications to enable Kcc to make the necessary adjustments to their admin. I think that you should call Kcc and ask to speak to the 11+ head there but I am afraid that I think you will probably have to resort to appealing next March. I dont think that there are any cases that I have read/heard of where the ht review takes place after results day in any circumstances and sadly doubt that it could be taken into consideration now. I am glad that you have such strong ht support and can only advise you to make notes of the circumstances now and get a copy of the ht review application backed up by an explanation for the late submission by your ht to be taken into consideration next March after allocations day. Sorry to sound so bleak...if you get stuck for the head of the 11+'s details I can provide an email ....

Tigger
Hi Tigger
No need to apologise for sounding bleak - i really welcome your comments/advice. DH is going to ring KCC today. We went to see if we could see the HT today but neither her nor the Acting Head are in until monday so cant get the results either :( . Could you possibly PM me the head of 11+ details? Thanks again and will let you know how it goes.
:)
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hi, have just pm'd you !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now