New format for English papers for Habs Boys in 2012

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

New format for English papers for Habs Boys in 2012

Post by Daogroupie »

Habs boys has not posted its Jan 2012 English paper on the website. The reason they have given is because it has two new sections on language based puzzles. I am preparing mock materials for students sitting in Jan 2013 for this paper and would greatly appreciate any feedback on what this actually translated to in the paper. Any boy who sat this year would have experienced this paper. Thanks for any ideas at all as to what this might involve. I am also interested to know what the reasoning was behind the change if anyone might have any insight into this. DG
NorthLondonMum

Re: New format for English papers for Habs Boys in 2012

Post by NorthLondonMum »

Interesting! I don't see why this would be reason for not posting the past paper, unless there are copyright issues.

Did they provide an excuse for not posting the latest maths paper?
NorthLondonMum

Post by NorthLondonMum »

I also noticed that the girls consortiums have not posted their 2012 papers either. I was hoping they would (their guidance notes say they will) as it would give us more relevent practice material.

Do you know anything about that?
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

NorthLondonMum wrote:I also noticed that the girls consortiums have not posted their 2012 papers either. I was hoping they would (their guidance notes say they will) as it would give us more relevent practice material.

Do you know anything about that?

Consortium papers are available online to download - Group 1 & 2
NorthLondonMum

Post by NorthLondonMum »

Thanks Leanmeanmum,

I've had another search around the consortium schools websites and, whilst they haven't all put them up, they are available at City and Notting Hill & Ealing.