Judd

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tea For Two

Judd

Post by Tea For Two »

I see from previous years that Judd had on their website...

Is A Preference For Judd Wasted If My Son Has Scored Below, Say, 405? By no means.
Firstly the pass mark could be below 405 (fewer children passed in West Kent this year than last and the standardised scores aren’t always consistent from year to year at the top end).
Secondly, should a first preference not prove successful, the second preference is treated as a first preference – the coordinated scheme works very well in this regard.

If I Don’t Get Judd In March What Can I Do If I Still Want It? · Take advice from your son’s current school
· Ring The Judd School
· Go on The Judd School waiting list
· Appeal, if you think there are special circumstances

Our DS scored 408 but is now at level 6 in maths , though he only got 133 in maths in the Kent Test. 140 in NVR and 135 in VR. He is gutted as he knew that last year he would have needed a high score and his one friend at school who is is going got the max 423.

I suppose no-one will know until March 2013.

I suppose the above options apply. If we don't put it down then we will never know. The HT has already said, before we asked, that he will send a letter of support.

Great board and well done to all those who have the results they wanted. Sympathies and empathy to those who didn't.
anotherworriedmum

Re: Judd

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Hello

I am very interested in what you found on the Judd site. I read this section below from their admissions page so I had dismissed Judd as we were a couple of points adrift. I did not think they went below 418 last year. Where did you find the bit about 405, I am seeing a light at the end of tunnel!
Year 7 Admissions – September 2012

The cut-off score for entry to Judd this year is 418. There are a number of students on 418 who did not receive an offer. It is impossible to forecast how many places will become available through the waiting list. Last year it was fewer than 10, the year before it was more than twenty. The first waiting list allocations will be made by the Local Authority on 10 April.
Tea For Two

Post by Tea For Two »

It was actually on here.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 8&p=337729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is a low birth rate year and until we know how those in West Kent performed, much is speculation.

A light, yes. It may be dim and flickering, but a light nevertheless! :?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

That is from a few years ago see http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 05#p207487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (October 2010)

The website now states "In recent years it has been between 416 and 418 and has then dropped a point (or two) for waiting list offers." http://frog.judd.kent.sch.uk/index.phtml?d=83513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Thank you my light has been extinguished and we are back to MGS lol
lurker

Post by lurker »

I know of two boys who got in on appeal on much lower scores two years ago.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

I know of one that got in on appeal with a score of 403 so I would say that its always worth a try :)
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

I think if you like a school and want it then put it on the form because if you don't then you'll wonder what if - how awful if you got put off by the figures and then found out later that scores shifted this year and you might have been in! Also keeps the appeal option alive! Unless you are keen on more than four schools I guess.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now