2007 papers -mean mum couldn't resist!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Araucana girl

2007 papers -mean mum couldn't resist!

Post by Araucana girl »

Has anyone else been mean and given their dc the 2007 papers yet to try. I know it is much too early probably but couldn't help it. DD is in year 5 taking next sitting for 2014 entry.

Maths was okay, obviously want it a lot better by the actual thing and it was an easier paper than the current ones.
English - the renound Tess paper from **** - was really not going to show her this for a long time but...... anyway really proud she even tried and gained some marks at all as it looks like a nightmare to me at that age.

Maths 30/45
English 16/50

Anyone else had a go? Am I really so horrid a mother? :(
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
moved

Re: 2007 papers -mean mum couldn't resist!

Post by moved »

I gave the to DS at the end of year 4 because I wanted to check that he should do the 11+ for kegs rather than Southend as we knew we wanted to move. So you're not the only mean mum!

In my defence it was the most recent paper at the time.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

moved wrote:I gave the to DS at the end of year 4 because I wanted to check that he should do the 11+ for kegs rather than Southend as we knew we wanted to move. So you're not the only mean mum!

In my defence it was the most recent paper at the time.
Crikey - do you remember how he did - are my daughter's scores so horrendous at this point? I still think she can do this but we are aiming for incatchment CCHS and the English scares me. Admittedly she made some mistakes on the punctuation which she would normally storm and she didn't get any of the bits where you find the equivalent meaning word in the text - we can work on that!

Thanks Moved.

Albert Einstein
moved

Post by moved »

DS walked them, DD scored atrociously (17% I think, perhaps 17 marks, I cannot remember) in the maths and ok in the English, she did them at the same time I think.

Both are in Chelmsford now, so I wouldn't worry.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

moved wrote:DS walked them, DD scored atrociously (17% I think, perhaps 17 marks, I cannot remember) in the maths and ok in the English, she did them at the same time I think.

Both are in Chelmsford now, so I wouldn't worry.
Thanks Moved I know I am testing her much too early for anything to be realistic but couldn't help myself :D At least we have catchment on our side and her tutor tells me she is a bright girl :)

Albert Einstein
moved

Post by moved »

FWIW a child who now has excellent GCSEs, including an A* in maths, got 8 in the maths paper in her real exam, so the maths paper wasn't that easy!

Edit: she did pass for grammar!
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

I gave these papers to my son who is in yr5 yesterday. He scored:

English 24/50
Maths 31/45

I don't know whether to be happy or worried!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

DS2 had a go at the Maths this am under very scientific conditions (but don't suppose CSSE will actually provide a bed and a duvet on the day :lol: ) and got 34/45. I wasn't actually going to time him but in the end he only took 37 minutes to get there.

Might as well have left the last question as he would have had to in the real thing, though, since he managed to spend ages on the last question and still get it completely wrong...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

I like your style ToadMum!

Our children all have very similar results, I wonder if that is a good sign?
Abu1

Post by Abu1 »

Araucana girl wrote:Has anyone else been mean and given their dc the 2007 papers yet to try. I know it is much too early probably but couldn't help it. DD is in year 5 taking next sitting for 2014 entry.

Maths was okay, obviously want it a lot better by the actual thing and it was an easier paper than the current ones.
English - the renound Tess paper from **** - was really not going to show her this for a long time but...... anyway really proud she even tried and gained some marks at all as it looks like a nightmare to me at that age.

Maths 30/45
English 16/50

Anyone else had a go? Am I really so horrid a mother? :(
Hi. Where can I find this paper