CAF help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

matty1

CAF help

Post by matty1 »

Hello again

I've hit a couple of hitches with the CAF and wonder if anyone has any light to share on this.

1. They have our DD down as a boy!!! (She is currently in an indy school so not really known to them - but we did write to register OUR DAUGHTER - as it clearly says in our letter to them from last April). We put a note on the first page of the form to change the gender, and thought this should be OK, but then when we came to select our school choices - HSFG, and Ribston - it seemed to confuse the system, and said we were not eligible as DD was supposed to be a DS!!!! Again, we put a note - but I really don't want to be kicked out by a computer somewhere who thinks we're a boy.... Any advice?

2. We live in accommodation which is to do with DH's job and which is owned - and shared by - his employer, so we don't have a council tax reference. (I know we are lucky) - will this also be a problem as we therefore don't prove our residence in the borough? Should we send other proof of address?

Many thanks for any thoughts

Matty
hermanmunster

Re: CAF help

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Matty - a real "computer says no!"

I think you need to get hold of sensible human being tomorrow in the education department to sort this out... they really should be able to change gender (crazy otherwise) and also advise on the proof of residence - often Child Benefit paperwork will do.
matty1

Post by matty1 »

Hermanmunster -
Yes - it is !! http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 16&t=28744#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's hoping sensibleness reigns at Shire Hall!

I'll keep you posted
matty1

Post by matty1 »

Update -
Great customer service at Shire Hall. Gender being updated on their system, and clarified evidence needed for proof of address.

One relieved momma.

xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now