help plzregarding wallington boys admission

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
njawad

help plzregarding wallington boys admission

Post by njawad »

hi my son passed in wallington but didn't pass in wilson and sutton is any chance of admission could be in wallington school. plz kindly share ur ideas i am so worried.
thanks
help-mum
ThreeKids

Re: help plzregarding wallington boys admission

Post by ThreeKids »

I have a son at WCGS. What is it you want to know?
njawad

Post by njawad »

ThreeKids wrote:I have a son at WCGS. What is it you want to know?
hi threekids will he have any chance of admission in wcgs if he passed only in one school if i put wcgs at my first choice. he didn't pass in wilson and sutton. so might be he will be on boundry for wallington. thanks
help-mum
ThreeKids

Post by ThreeKids »

There is really no way of telling to be honest. There is a likelihood that he is on the boundary, but it might also be that he pulled it out of the bag at WCGS. I'm afraid there is no easy answer other than to say you should put the schools in your own order of preference on the CAF and wait for march. Sorry.
njawad

Post by njawad »

ThreeKids wrote:There is really no way of telling to be honest. There is a likelihood that he is on the boundary, but it might also be that he pulled it out of the bag at WCGS. I'm afraid there is no easy answer other than to say you should put the schools in your own order of preference on the CAF and wait for march. Sorry.
hi thanks threekids i just hope and pray that he get the place in wcgs. just pray for my son plz
help-mum
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

There is no way of knowing for certain but no reason to lose hope.
Certainly passing 3 or more tests does not guarantee a place at one or any of the schools (unfortunately knew a few children in that position last year). Passing only one test may mean, overall, he is at or around the lower pass mark for all of them so could not be offered a place, or it may mean he did brilliantly on one but the others did not play to his strengths.

If it offers any reassurance, a new trend may have emerged (based on purely unscientific straw polls of people who happen to share their stories) whereby it seems more common for children to get into grammar school in recent years having failed at least one test whereas a few years ago it was considered that only those who passed every test they took could be certain of a place. It hasn’t been so black and white recently. In fact there were cases locally where children got each other’s first choices and parents were joking about wanting to be allowed to swap eg of two boys who were friends, one wanted Wilsons but failed the test got Wallington whereas the other wanted Wallington yet failed it and got Wilsons. Needless to say they're not allowed to swap!
njawad

Post by njawad »

London_Mum wrote:There is no way of knowing for certain but no reason to lose hope.
Certainly passing 3 or more tests does not guarantee a place at one or any of the schools (unfortunately knew a few children in that position last year). Passing only one test may mean, overall, he is at or around the lower pass mark for all of them so could not be offered a place, or it may mean he did brilliantly on one but the others did not play to his strengths.

If it offers any reassurance, a new trend may have emerged (based on purely unscientific straw polls of people who happen to share their stories) whereby it seems more common for children to get into grammar school in recent years having failed at least one test whereas a few years ago it was considered that only those who passed every test they took could be certain of a place. It hasn’t been so black and white recently. In fact there were cases locally where children got each other’s first choices and parents were joking about wanting to be allowed to swap eg of two boys who were friends, one wanted Wilsons but failed the test got Wallington whereas the other wanted Wallington yet failed it and got Wilsons. Needless to say they're not allowed to swap!
thanks london_mum it boost my confidence whatever u said i just hope for best and have trust on God that he gets place in wcgs in march. thanks again and i will let u know if he will receive offer from wcgs.
help-mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now