Southend School chances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kfdo

Southend School chances

Post by kfdo »

Hi my DD has scored 339 we are out of catchment for Southend boys schools what are the chances for one of the schools. :roll: :?:
moved

Re: Southend School chances

Post by moved »

It looks like a good chance to me. Nice high score.
kfdo

Post by kfdo »

Thank you for the reply. It's just a worry because we are out of catchment area.
moved

Post by moved »

I would be very surprised if that score didn't make OOC! Put a back up just in case. It's always good to use a belt and braces!
kfdo

Post by kfdo »

Thanks.
moved

Post by moved »

Welcome :D
mbab

Post by mbab »

My son also passed and based on last years scores would have made it into one of the southend grammars. My thoughts now is that with a very high score required for KEGS for out of cathcment children means that those boys who are OOC with very high scores of perharps 350 will automatically opt for the southend schools which will push the mark for OOC for southend to a record high. We should not forget that KEGS will only give 20 places to the boys who scored the highest for OOC. Realistically this is a very small number and one can only imagine how high the cut off will be. The winners in all this are the OOC comprehensive where we will have no choice but send our children. We should not give up however let us continue to be involved in our children's education and encourage them to work hard. I believe they will succeed.

For future parents the question remains if you are OOC is it worth fighting for a very small number of places? On the other hand if you do not try you will neve know if your son could have been one of the lucky ones!!!!!!
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

mbab wrote:will automatically opt for the southend schools
Depends how far/easy it is to get to Southend from where they live, it may not be practical. The problem is that none of the Southend schools are ideally positioned for a lengthy commute.
mbab

Post by mbab »

You are right, 'automatically' was to general a word to use.

It will however be a good choice for Havering residents as there is a coach that transports children down the A127 and they are there within half an hour. May be a bit harder for redbridge children.

I still think there is a good case that the southend scores for OOC children will be much higher than what has been posted by the csse document.. Remember there is no lower limit for KEGS for the in catchment children. My prediction is that in the furture KEGS will be consulting again to have a lower limit.
amrit2002

Post by amrit2002 »

Hi My son managed only 312, has he got any chance of getting any school like Southend boys or westcliff? we are outside the catchment area. :x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now