AE Tuition Eleven Plus Spelling & Vocabulary Books

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rana

AE Tuition Eleven Plus Spelling & Vocabulary Books

Post by Rana »

Hi

I was wondering how useful the AE Tuition Eleven Plus Spelling & Vocabulary Books 1 to 12 are, and when I should use them, given the vast number of books. Should I start in Year 3.
nervous

Post by nervous »

allittle early to start in year 3 year 5 is better otherwise your child will get bored
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

Hi

My son is studying these and is up to book 10 (he started in February and has to do 2 a day (crosswords and sentences) they are quite useful to expand their vocab and spelling. I have even learnt some new words !

He is in year 5 now although my daughter who is in Yr 3 enjoys them as a fun thing to do. If your child is good at english you could probably start at book 3.
guestsb

Re: **!!** Eleven Plus Spelling & Vocabulary Books

Post by guestsb »

Rana wrote: **!!**
please can someone clarify what this stands for??????????
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

HI

This is to block the company name. I dont think they can advertise specific company names on here. try looking for Step hen c urr an books.

These can be bought on the online bookshop of this website.

a e tuition is the company but this might not show.

Post by Guest »

Can you use them just to improve your vocabulary and not just for the 11 plus?
guestsb

Post by guestsb »

Thanks Suehole,

Will check it out...................

Post by Guest »

Bought several of these and found them of little use. My child soon got bored with doing them, and the last thing I wanted to do was turn her off literacy.
Just my opinion.

Post by Guest »

Bought several of these and found them of little use. My child soon got bored with doing them, and the last thing I wanted to do was turn her off literacy.
Just my opinion.
One of my children is enjoying the books and my other found them really boring. I would just buy one to try it out. You'll soon find out if its a no go
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

Most of the words are commonly used words. You get the odd ones that you may not have seen before. Depends how well read you are I suppose.
My son doesn't like doing them really but I think for their age and what is required in the exams they need a good range of vocab especially with some of the VR questions.