WGHS vs. KE camp hill girls vs. KE Handsworth girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bookworm123

WGHS vs. KE camp hill girls vs. KE Handsworth girls

Post by Bookworm123 »

We are struggling to choose between the above girls schools. We live near Tame Bridge, Walsall and Camp Hill and Wolves are 1 hour away on the Green Bus.

My DD has done enough to get a place at any of these schools. Can anyone advise on the merits of each school and thus help us decide which is best?

Although Handsworth is closest, is it worth the earlier start in the day (6.50am bus) to go to Camp Hill/Wolves? My DD prefers CH but the travel worries us

Appreciate any advice offered.
equation

Re: WGHS vs. KE camp hill girls vs. KE Handsworth girls

Post by equation »

A 6.50am start is VERY early for a 11 year old personally - not easy I would say especially in the winter months.
We were in a similar boat to you until recently - our preferred school is our NEAREST grammar school - I think someone has posted somewhere an extra hour a day travelling amounts to about an extra 2 months' travelling over 7 years!
Good luck.
Bookworm123

Re: WGHS vs. KE camp hill girls vs. KE Handsworth girls

Post by Bookworm123 »

Thanks Equation.

I agree it is an early start. We're looking at all the possible combinations of mixing up the week by dropping her off 2 or 3 days a week and catchnig the bus for the rest. Dropping her off would give a little respite but agree, in the long winter months it would be a hard slog for both of us!

In the grand scheme of things though, it is a difference of 20-30 mins extra lie-in each day between the choices we're looking at. I know they're not the NEAREST either...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now