date for 2008 11 plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bexley 2

date for 2008 11 plus

Post by bexley 2 »

How do people feel about the proposed change of dates for 11 plus in Bexley? The lea feel it might be a good idea to hold the test 1 day after going back from summer holidays. Also maths doesn't seem to be included in the new test date. I've talked to a couple of teachers who do not like the idea, bearing in mind the 6 week break away from doing work may have led to a slight dip in the childrens work and the fact that they have even less time to get everything taught that might be useful. Not having to visit both grammers and comprehensives would be a plus though. Also I thought it strange that they can get the results back to the parents so quickly this way when we normally have an agonising 5 month wait.

Post by Guest »

Can you explain more? Where have you got this info from?
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/service/childr ... egies.html

Here's a link to the Bexley website

Post by Guest »

Thanks for that.
I hope they make the consultation leaflet widely available in September!
bexley 2

Post by bexley 2 »

Sorry got dates for test wrong. The tests would in fact be held 2 weeks into the Autumn term on 16th & 17th.
Another point in my mind would be that anyone with doubts over their childs maths abilities would be happy with this move.
How fair is it to only consult the parents whose children will be sitting the test in 2008. Is it going to be up for consultation every year to take others points of view?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now