Appeal thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
monstermum

Appeal thread

Post by monstermum »

Anyone want to join me for a new thread for people who are considering an appeal, where we can share the continuing stress......
twellsmum

Re: Appeal thread

Post by twellsmum »

I will. Considering appealing for tw boys' grammar. Going to keep options open by putting it on scaf.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Another member here! :?

Ps. How do message Etienne regarding an appeal question?
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Welcome pc and twellsmum. I'm thinking (read into this know I have to but in denial) of appealing to Invicta and think should probably try MGGS too. So far I've got confused by the order I need to put the schools, am having the maths remarked (should be next week), booked to see DDs papers (but not until the end of Nov), contacted both schools about previous appeals and met with DDs headteacher. Oh and have spend hours reading all the appeal info on here :oops: how about everyone else?

Will see if I can find out how to message Etienne.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Here you go PC:

5. I don’t want to post some of the information in public. Can I send you a Private Message?

When this Forum was younger and smaller, we were able to provide an almost personal service via Private Messages (PMs) on Appeals. Sadly, those days are gone. We are all volunteers, and the number of Appeal cases is now too large. Please do not send unsolicited PMs - we cannot reply to them.

We encourage everyone to share their appeal case on the forum as far as is possible. Individual cases are very rarely identifiable and the information from them benefits future parents who may need to appeal. However, we realise that on occasions there may be personal circumstances in an Appeal case that would cause upset or embarrassment if your family were to be identified.

We have made an "Appeals Box" available, with the aim of keeping as much discussion as possible on the forum, but also offering confidentiality where it is essential. Information sent to the Appeals Box will only be seen by Forum Moderators.

Before using the Appeals Box:

- please register as a member of the forum
- please start a thread on the Appeals section giving the non-confidential elements of your case
- please mention in the thread that you are sending further confidential information to the Appeals Box

Until you have taken both of those steps we are unable to reply to any messages that you send to the Appeals Box.

• The email address is: ..... (edited)
• The subject line of your email must be your forum username.
• The Appeals Box is for confidential information only, and cannot be used for asking general questions about your appeal or for any other purpose.
• If we feel able to answer your question on the forum, it will be in general terms, without direct reference to any confidential information you have sent to us.

So, please go ahead now and post your questions. We all look forward to helping you and your child.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Thanks monstermum ( I am sure you are not a monster!)

I haven't got time to follow your advice now - work beckons, but I will later on this evening.
palacebelle

Post by palacebelle »

Another member here too!
Seen

Post by Seen »

And another one here too! :D
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Thanks monstermum ( I am sure you are not a monster!)

I haven't got time to follow your advice now - work beckons, but I will later on this evening.

I'm a monster at the moment lol. The advice came from on this site :D hi palacebelle and seen. Nice to meet you lol. Are you in Maidstone too Seen? You can PM me if you'd rather......
Smiley-Mum

Post by Smiley-Mum »

May I join too please?

This is all new to me and finding it a bit of a struggle to take everything in, wishing I could click my fingers and be transported to Appeal decision day :?