St.Ambrose- chances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
parthiban

St.Ambrose- chances

Post by parthiban »

I hope people don't mind me starting a new thread.If you are out of catchment area what score do you need to have a chance of getting in? :?:
Pumpkin Pie

Re: St.Ambrose- chances

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Two years ago my DS's friend got in and he just reached the pass mark. That was for out of catchment area too. If you have a good score, I'm sure you will be fine! :wink:
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Could someone confirm whether the St Ambrose results are out??
parthiban

Post by parthiban »

Thanks pumpkin pie. I am so grateful to everybody for their valuable advice.It's been great knowing so many people who are very kind and helpful. :D
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

No problem Parthiban. This site is a great place to get advice and support, especially for us out of catchment category. All the best! :D
neenee

Post by neenee »

Pumpkin Pie wrote:Two years ago my DS's friend got in and he just reached the pass mark. That was for out of catchment area too. If you have a good score, I'm sure you will be fine! :wink:
thats what im tryning to find out as need to get in form asap !!
parthiban

Post by parthiban »

Hi, I'm in the same position as you but everbody assures me that all cat 4 got in last year,We are cat 4 and I'm pretty sure you will be as well.i'm also told when You become out of area they start looking at scores as well (not sure if it's just for Loreto or st.A as well )and fill so it also depends on your DS score as well.sorry if I'm wrong. I'm just taking a leap of faith applying.Sorry can't be anymore helpful.Is this the only school you are applying or do you have other options as well because you can always put St.A as your first choice and then others (if that's what you really want) :)
splane

Post by splane »

Hi

My DS passed in 2011 and we were category 5 (RC but out of catchment) and he was offered a place along with his 4 other friends at his primary who sat and passed. There was no mention of having to attain a required mark if you were out of catchment!!!

This year all the boys (5) who passed at his old primary (again who were RC but out of catchment) were offered a place too.

So I would say if he passed then put it down on your form. My son loves the school especially now he is in the new building :D
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

When we went to the open day we were told by one of the teacher that in the past all RC boys that pass get in whether they are in or out of area so you should be fine