St Ambrose Appeal, Trafford

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kazzy1

St Ambrose Appeal

Post by kazzy1 »

My son has failed the St Ambrose exam by 2 marks. He is catholic and lives in a parish stated in the catchment criteria. Do you think it is worth appealing?

Many thanks in advance
GailJ

Re: St Ambrose Appeal

Post by GailJ »

It's certainly worth a go especially if he's RC. I know that my friends son won an appeal when he hadn't got the mark he needed. He did have a brother at the school though.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!

See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
parthiban

Post by parthiban »

Hi, I do not know anything about their appeal process but it's aways worth trying as otherwise you will always end up wondering what if?Good luck!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Kazzy1

Have a look at the appeals FAQ here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you will need to concentrate initially on the non- qualification section, the appeals will be after March - you may also have to appeal for oversubscription if the school is full - this is where being a Roman Catholic (am sure not all versions of catholic count :wink: ) comes into play + any other reasons why you feel that this is the right school for your child.
Stretfordian

Post by Stretfordian »

Kazza
I would certainly appeal
There may be people who have passed this exam who dont take up the place and instead go to Altrincham/Stretford grammar etc.
catmum

Post by catmum »

Hi,
I appealed to St Ambrose 2 years ago with very similar circumstances, we weren't successful and neither was anyone else we knew of ( including 2 boys who were 1 mark off)

I personally found the appeal process a bitter experience which somewhat prolonged the pain, as did friends doing the same, having said that if I hadn't done so I would always have thought ''what if ?''

Our primary head said he had never heard of any appeals winning there....... but with the new bigger school you may have a chance now :) !

If you are catchment then you have the option of other fantastic schools and I have to say my son has settled brilliantly at high school, has friends from st A's and at his high school and he is acheiving excellent academic results, on asking him now if he would move if a place was available he says not, so don't worry whatever you decide to do.

Regards

Catmum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now