Dilemma - albeit a nice one

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kara123

Dilemma - albeit a nice one

Post by kara123 »

Looking at various tables in these forums our daughter seems to have done very well in both Slough consortium and Kendrick tests. Had she done well enough in only one of the tests we would have put down Langley Grammar or Kendrick without hesitation. Kendrick seems to have better a reputation and results are better. However, we also have a son attending Langley Grammar and there are many practical advantages in having both siblings attend the same school. Right now we really don't know which way to go.

We'd appreciate any views from the many wise people on this forum on what they might do.

-kara
Bewildered

Re: Dilemma - albeit a nice one

Post by Bewildered »

Kara123,

Well done to your DD for doing so well. :D

Both schools get great results, only difference is that one is single sex. As long as distance/traveling times and costs are not
an issue then I would go with the one that she would choose herself; where she would be happiest.

Good Luck

:D

BW
kara123

Post by kara123 »

Bewildered,

Travel time(and costs) are about the same so it makes sense to send her where she would be happiest given that both schools are really very good. Thankyou for your advice.

-kara
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Does she have a preference? I know lots of petiole who would prefer to send their kids to the same school. My dd2 would probably have agreed to anywhere as long as dd1 wasn't already there!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now