Order of preference Slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
harry68

Order of preference Slough

Post by harry68 »

Hello! My daughter has a score of 126 in the Slough Consortium exams and I would like advice on the order of preference in the common application form(CAF) among the Slough Grammar Schools that would be best for this score. I live in Slough.Many thanks!!
Sundaa

Re: Order of preference 1

Post by Sundaa »

My daughter got 122 in the Slough Consortium Exams and I am completing the CAF form in this order.
1. Herschel
2. St Bernards
3. Burnham
4. Slough
5. Langley
I live in Norwood Green.
chad

Re: Order of preference Slough

Post by chad »

Put the school that you (and your daughter) think is the best school for her as your first preference. If your daughter does not meet the criteria for that school then the admissions authority will move on to the next preference. They will allocate the highest school on your CAF that you have met the criteria for. This is called 'equal preference' and so should not discriminate against you for the order in which you list the school on your CAF.
Sundaa

Post by Sundaa »

Thanks for your help and advice.
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

harry68 wrote:Hello! My daughter has a score of 126 in the Slough Consortium exams and I would like advice on the order of preference in the common application form(CAF) among the Slough Grammar Schools that would be best for this score. I live in Slough.Many thanks!!
As your dd got a very good and guaranteed score (u live in slough as well), so put the order of preference as per your choice forgetting whether she would get it or not
harry68

Post by harry68 »

Thank you all!
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Depends on whether you want catholic education for child and whether you are a catholic If Bernard's is oversubscribed you may loose out on that criteria and waste a preference....
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

St Bernard's has never ever been oversubscribed on the faith criteria, and we have been involved for many many years. The only reason it might be this year is historically it has taken from 111, whereas the others have wanted higher scores. People submitting their CAF this year with scores of 111-say 115 might see it as a useful guarantee as opposed to winging it with the others.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

[quote="Looking for help"]St Bernard's has never ever been oversubscribed on the faith criteria, and we have been involved for many many years. The only reason it might be this year is historically it has taken from 111, whereas the others have wanted higher scores. People submitting their CAF this year with scores of 111-say 115 might see it as a useful guarantee as opposed to winging it with the

:D One thing is guaranteed with 11+ is that there are no guarantees! I assume if people do this then this year they may lose out via over subscription......
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Well yes, but that's because in prior years they never believed their children would just get 112 or some such score , so never applied in the first instance. :D

Good luck everyone, very happy to not be involved this year :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now