really not sure on preference order

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bati

really not sure on preference order

Post by Bati »

really struggling on what preference order to do
Both myself and dd prefer wirral grammar so this will be our 1st preference problem is distance so we might not get in
we prefer upton to west kirby but there is no school bus to upton from where we live and there is for west kirby
i dont mind driving her there and back but it would be very costly so i thought about car sharing
Spoke to upton hall and they said they could not contact other families in our area to see if they would be interested in car sharing until we are given a place and we accept it
what do i do - do i take the chance that there might be another family interested in car sharing and put upton as second on preference form or go with west kirby as i know there is a bus she can get
Wirralian

Re: really not sure on preference order

Post by Wirralian »

Bati wrote:really struggling on what preference order to do
Both myself and dd prefer wirral grammar so this will be our 1st preference problem is distance so we might not get in
we prefer upton to west kirby but there is no school bus to upton from where we live and there is for west kirby
i dont mind driving her there and back but it would be very costly so i thought about car sharing
Spoke to upton hall and they said they could not contact other families in our area to see if they would be interested in car sharing until we are given a place and we accept it
what do i do - do i take the chance that there might be another family interested in car sharing and put upton as second on preference form or go with west kirby as i know there is a bus she can get
Bati, I live in Wirral, and work in the E.Port and Chester areas. I sometimes drive through Little Sutton, Great Sutton, Capenhurst and Whitby, and see lots and lots of boys and girls in Wirral Grammar School uniforms. Personally, I think your DD has a very good chance of getting into WGSfG's. I haven't seen any SAC or Upton Convent pupils in these areas, as you say, there just isn't any transport laid on. I know Caldy (and I think WKGS) bus people in from as far away as North Wales, so in the grand scheme of things, Great Sutton is not that far, probably a half hour to 40 minute bus journey away - I am sure that WKGS is a much better proposition than the local comp. I remember when my two boys did 11+ a couple of years ago, it absolutely took over our whole lives to the point of obsession, it was our fault for letting it :oops: Please try not to let this happen to you, I am sure things will work out fine, and what will be, will be :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now