Travel to west cliff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Abu1

Travel to west cliff

Post by Abu1 »

Is there a bus that runs from Leigh on sea station to west cliff boys.
moved

Re: Travel to west cliff

Post by moved »

Most boys get off at Chalkwell and walk.
event1

Post by event1 »

Moved is right or if you insist on getting a bus it is bus 21 or 21a I have been informed that moved suggestion is better .
moved

Post by moved »

Anyone know how far it is to walk, both in time and length. I cannot remember - all a bit far from Chelmsford. Abu, and I'm sure many others, would like to know.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

It is a mile or so, depending on the precise route you want to take, but really, just follow the herd - loads of WHSB / WHSG / St TM kids swarming up Beach Ave and Woodfield Rd from the station. Okay, I am exaggerating just a bit... :) So it depends how quickly your DS walks / how long he dallies in the Co-Op on the corner etc. First bit stiffish uphill walk, btw.

"Bus" route avoiding hills would be to carry on to Southend Central and get a 21 or 29 from the bus station which is a few minutes' walk. I don't think many do this, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
moved

Post by moved »

ToadMum wrote:It is a mile or so, depending on the precise route you want to take, but really, just follow the herd - loads of WHSB / WHSG / St TM kids swarming up Beach Ave and Woodfield Rd from the station. Okay, I am exaggerating just a bit... :) So it depends how quickly your DS walks / how long he dallies in the Co-Op on the corner etc. First bit stiffish uphill walk, btw.

"Bus" route avoiding hills would be to carry on to Southend Central and get a 21 or 29 from the bus station which is a few minutes' walk. I don't think many do this, though.
Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Have had another thought about buses - the First bus 26 / 26B from outside Leigh on Sea station to Chalkwell Schools then a walk (yes, sorry, lots of walking around here!) via Nelson Road. (Have a look on Streetmap - there is a "back way" up to WHSB from the near end of Manchester Drive).

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/essex/j ... edirect=no" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The one which is timetabled at 0744 from Leigh station would get DCs to school on time.

The 21 from Leigh stops opposite the Westcliff Schools, but although I have a memory that it used to serve LOS station, the nearest stop is actually up (another) quite long and rather steep hill :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx