tutors near swindon for glos 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
steppemum

tutors near swindon for glos 11+

Post by steppemum »

Hello, ds is in year 5 and we are looking at Marling, as it is very accessible on train from here. We are totally new to 11+ however and would love a tutors help. Does anyone have any recommendations in this direction? Between Cirencester and Swindon would be great.

Thanks very much

Genuine recommendations by PM only (private message) are acceptable - but beware of the possibility that someone who appears to be offering a recommendation may have a vested interest! Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'. (It's easy to report a possible problem: just click on the 'report button' - the red exclamation mark.)

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with caution. However, there are many long standing members (check the date of joining and number of posts) who make a valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering seriously (while still exercising a degree of caution).

If you receive a recommendation from anyone else, please exercise extreme caution!

Note also:
Tutors can found in the online tutor directory by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/services/directory

Institutional Course details can be found by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... us-courses

Intensive Holiday Courses can be found by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... ve-courses

Kind regards,

ForumAdmin
dr.watson

Re: tutors near swindon for glos 11+

Post by dr.watson »

I know families from Swindon who travel to Cheltenham for Tutoring. I would recommend the same. Once a week for an hour was ok for us from Bristol for 4-5 months.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

dr watson, did you travel from Bristol to Cheltenham for tutoring? That seems extreme. Although we're close to you and we did look for tutors locally but couldn't find one so are diying.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

littlebaker wrote:dr watson, did you travel from Bristol to Cheltenham for tutoring? That seems extreme. Although we're close to you and we did look for tutors locally but couldn't find one so are diying.
Well, this year out of 20 children doing tuitions, 17 got places in the Gloucestershire Grammar Schools. So I think it was well worth it. My DS admitted that he needed little bit of polishing as most of the time, we were doing DIY at home using materials from internet, amazon and WHSmith.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

thanks for your replies. We are going to try to DIY, but at the moment ds isn't keen (although he is slowly coming round, he is being offered a drum lessons in exchange for doing 11+ preparation :D )
It would be pretty hard to travel to chelt for tutoring, he is the oldest of 3 and it is over an hours drive.
I will continue to look for someone nearer.

Actually feeling a bit more confident as we had a look at one of the vocab lists given on here and he can already read and understand about 75% of it
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now