Newent?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
snippetsmum

Newent?

Post by snippetsmum »

I am new to this and realise that most of the posts are about passing the 11+ but I have a question about not passing..
I have 1 daughter in Yr7 at Pates and 1 daughter who has failed test and not near enough to appeal.
I am hoping for Newent (we live in Gloucester) but am worried that there are no bus routes near us.
Does anyone know of any hidden bus info (am grasping at straws!) or car share info please?
livviloo

Re: Newent?

Post by livviloo »

my friend says there is a bus that picks up from GL1 but starts somewhere else( i can try to find out) It ther goes to Newent via kingsholm(as i know someone who gets off there)
There are quite a crowd of them travelling from gloucester.
Vio125

Post by Vio125 »

http://ww5.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bustimes/Schools.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This may help - Stagecoach run 2 buses from Gloucester.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

A friend of mine is hoping to send his DD to Newent in September, he live in Upton st. Leonard's. He says a bus goes through there. If you need more details pm me.

Edit: that's the 832 in link above :-)
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

I too know of lots of DC who travel daily to newent from glos. I remeber that on the newent school website there is a link to all bus info. There is also the public bus which a friends children take in preference as cheaper.
Good luck, and from everything I have heard and seen it is an excellent school. Both my nieces went there and are well rounded successful girls. One passed for HSFG but chose newent.
I am sure your DD will thrive, the arts are amazing there and the currciculumn seems very broad and rich.
X
cazien

Post by cazien »

There are a number of busses going from Glos to Newent. I know one travels through Longlevens picking up in Longford Lane and another one picks up in Tewkesbury Road by the GALA club. I believe Newent School has bus routes which are available listed on their website on the information page.
snippetsmum

Post by snippetsmum »

Thank you all for your help - am so glad I found this site!
I would be interested to know the details of the bus that drops in kingsholm / gala club as this drop off is not mentioned on any of the bus info on the school website.
Now I just have to hope that she gets in...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now