Thanks a million

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lolomimi

Thanks a million

Post by lolomimi »

Well, the CAF is submitted and I hope that DD will form part of the PAN of one of the great GSs in Gloucs after months of VR - will it be RHHS, HSFG, SHS? Who knows?

All i know is that I am extremely grateful to this forum for all the cameraderie of the last year, AND all the (non-scary) knowledge, which I have appreciated very much. And what is more, thanks to you all, I can make sense of all the abbreviations and acronyms in that first sentence!

Good luck to all, and thanks to all

LM
Spiderling

Re: Thanks a million

Post by Spiderling »

Hear Hear! I was fortunate enough to be told about the forum by a friend who followed it avidly last year. I wish there was a way all of next year's parents could be told of its existence. Thank you everyone for contributing, and particularly to the moderators for patient, informed replies. Acronyms Rule!
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Yes, thanks a million everyone for all the contributions and helpful tips. I think the tip that worked for my DD was the one to eat 'salmon' the night before the exam! lol :lol:

She came out with a super score! :wink:

Good luck to you all embarking on this 'adventure'!
qip001

Post by qip001 »

Same here !! Fish must be the answer on how to pass GS test :D My DD had fish all week pretty much before the exam and also super performed on the day. She also made friends on the day ( they all went to the loo and found woodworm in SHS :-)) which I was concerned about, but it shows she was happy and relaxed
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

haha! My DD also had fish at least 3 times. A big deal for me as I don't eat fish so it meant cooking 2 meals. The sacrifices we make :lol:
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Mine are both veggie (as are the rest of the family bar the cat), so had no fish before the 11+!
Capers
Spiderling

Post by Spiderling »

Just to put the cat amongst the piscines. We played it right down for a whole week before, so it was actually his choice of cheesy chips in the pub the night before. (Relatively early night though). He was excited, rather than anxious, and still passed despite the lack of brain food. :roll:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

We tried to keep things normal so Mine had chicken tikka kassala on the Friday night, as usual, after 3 hours of taekwondo. I never usually worry about her sparring(I usually worry about her opponents more) but that day I winced at every punch and kick.
GI73

Post by GI73 »

We too tried to keep everything as normal as possible, and no 'brain' food passed her lips (my DD hates any kind of fish anyway!!!!). We did however have lots of treats and a meal out after the test was finished!!!
CAF form all complete, now waiting those long 4 months till National Allocation day :)
Fishz

Post by Fishz »

A massive thank you from me too. Sanity was somewhat maintained due to you all.

We tried to play it down the week before and hardly mentioned it though we did cut out all the rubbish like sweets and stuff.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now