Just submitted CAF - Am I the last one?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
UmSusu

Just submitted CAF - Am I the last one?

Post by UmSusu »

Phew - Only just got it done. Am I the last one? It is not difficult but was still faffing around with the order of some of the preferences.

In the end we picked schools according to the logistics of travel: maybe that is naive but there really does not seem to be so much difference between most of the schools that would warrant a lot of extra travelling (especially if it involves me giving early morning lifts!). Besides, if DS2's behaviour at school this term is anything to go by - I might be getting a call from the new HT at whatever school he ends up in within days :roll:

UmSusu
UmSusu
JRM

Re: Just submitted CAF - Am I the last one?

Post by JRM »

If the behaviour thing is recent, then could it be linked to 11+ stress? I know a boy that suddenly played up in year 6 and it turned out he was more bothered about the 11+ than he let on. Things calmed down after results came out and the Caf went in.

I hand delivered my CAF on Monday. I thought that was last minute! I asked the recpetionist to sign for it so that I could prove they had received it. Not that I was stressing about it or anything!
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I did mine 2 weeks ago when the bham results came out.

I sent an email t Warwickshire admissions yesterday, just checking my preferences and as a back up to make sure they had received everything!

I wonder if there will be many people who will not do it in time or forget about it!
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

My LEA sent us two chasing letters, phoned my son's school and then phoned my wife yesterday to ask why it hadn't been sent in. When she told them it wasn't due till midnight they seemed perplexed that anyone would leave it so late.

Good luck to one and all.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Suppose they have concerns re the whole computer system crashing at about 1700 and there being no one to sort it out until this morning :lol: - on call team won't be keen..... Not that long ago that people were madly travelling to get it delivered by hand before the council opened up the next morning ..
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

Do you get a reminder if you forgot to fill the form from the council
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

Do you get an email after you have submitted the form online? WHat happens if you have not received it because some say they did get an email and say they havent and I didnt receive anything.I am worried now. What happens if my form didnt go through??
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

Log back in under existing user and it will say submitted. You should have a reference number as well if you look at form to quote in future.
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

Our council's admissions link doesn't work for some reason now.I think it has shut down and it also says 'it will be available from 05/11/12'.So I cant even log in now
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

Ah, we are Birmingham. I am sure it's all fine for you, if in doubt I'd call and check if you can save worrying but I'm sure there's no need. I'm the same I myther!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now