moving houses

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

prep4tomm

moving houses

Post by prep4tomm »

Hi,
Can anybody give pointers to good primary schools in Trafford area, because we are thinking of relocating to the area. I looked up the Council's website and 65+ schools are enlisted there (pretty daunting! :? ). Am a bit lost... would appreciate feedback from people who have been through a move, or those who might be planning one.

Also, I have read posts from other members about long waiting lists, so dreading the move :( don't want to put DC through multiple changes during session.

What would be the good time to relocate for the July 2013 session? How soon should we start applying for school admissions to have a reasonable chance at getting through the waiting lists?
agsbmad

Re: moving houses

Post by agsbmad »

What part of Trafford? Trafford is a large area and it depends on where are you planning to move to. Also, which grammar school are you thinking of? For example we are in the Altrincham area and out of catchment for Stretford and Urmston, but in catchment for Sale and Alty. You have to narrow down your area preference and then look for schools.
prep4tomm

Post by prep4tomm »

thank you, agsbmad :D !
Currently, we too are thinking of Sale & Alty. Getting into Alty is an uphill task, I have heard. So still unsure of other options that we should seek :? . It will be great if you could suggest primary schools I should apply for in this area. Is there a long waiting list at these schools too?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

The primary schools in Altrincham and Sale are generally excellent. They differ in terms of size and religion and whether or not they offer 11+ coaching. Unfortunately, they are very popular so, whilst it will be irksome, you probably need to call them up, ask about vacancies and then go and see any that have spaces.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now