too late for 2013 prep?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

prep4tomm

too late for 2013 prep?

Post by prep4tomm »

Hi,
I recently subscribed to this forum and have been reading through various posts, which have been very enlightening indeed. We are preparing our DC for 11+ exam in 2013 for the 2014 session, hope we are on time :).
Have found some useful prep links & tips from this forum, which helped us start preparing our DC (and ourselves!). I guess, we have come as far as we could with that, need more info, hence putting this post :)

We are thinking of subscribing to a tuition. A couple of questions:
(1) any suggestions for tuitions or tutors in or around Trafford area?
(2) I also noticed that many tutors offer training over internet (via Skype etc.). How does it work for the children? Has anybody taken that option?

Would appreciate suggestions through PM only pls..
topsyturvy

Re: too late for 2013 prep?

Post by topsyturvy »

Welcome to the forum!

I dont think it is late for 2013 or 2014 starting. You mention to have read the posts so you are on track.

I myself dont have any tutors resoruces hence hoping other parents and tutors on forum will send you a PM. Dont panic as the busiest season has come to an end, and soon someone will send you a PM on the info.

All the best!
prep4tomm

Post by prep4tomm »

Thank you, topsyturvy :) ! Glad to know that we aren't too late on this. Looking fwd to suggestions / PMs from experienced parents ...
parthiban

Post by parthiban »

Hi prep4tomm, It's never too late as long as you have a clear strategy and disciplined plan you can stick to.I have sent a pm.Hope it helps.Good luck to you and your DC. :D
prep4tomm

Post by prep4tomm »

Thanks, Parthiban! Appreciate tips / suggestions in your PM, have responded to it.
lymmmum

Post by lymmmum »

hi

I am preparing my dd for sitting exams in September 2013 and would welcome any advice tips from someone who has already done this. also I would welcome any tips and advice for preparing for Withington and Man High. Thanks :)
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Welcome Lymmmum,

Do have a look at old posts, the past tips and advice on forum are a rich resource, and majority of the topics are covered.

If you have any specific question then do ask, most memebers are chilling right now after a hectic time in the past few months.

All the best and enjoy the process!