Moving to Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mummy05

Moving to Bucks

Post by Mummy05 »

Hi All, what are the chances of getting a GS in Bucks if we move to Bucks in January 2013 provided my DD has achieved 121.
Guest55

Re: Moving to Bucks

Post by Guest55 »

Which one? It wll depend on where you live now as that is the address that wll be used for initial allocation of places.
Mummy05

Post by Mummy05 »

We have had a look at Chesham and Amersham as we use the Metro tube line, if we move in Jan 2013 will there be a chance for the first round allocation ?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Your current address should deliver a place at Chesham Grammar School in the first round. Your new address will then be used for the second round and there is just a possibility that it might deliver a place at Dr Challoners Girls.
Mummy05

Post by Mummy05 »

Many thanks for your reply. Now checking out the Comprehensive Primary and Secondary Schools.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

There are no comprehensive schools in Bucks; your CAF should have already been submitted for 2012 entry.
Mummy05

Post by Mummy05 »

I mean non-Grammar schools. Application for my eldest has already been submitted and looking for Primary schools for the younger one who will enter reception 2013.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The reception place could be tricky - it would help if you were in county before the deadline as popular ones do get full!
StacatoMum

Post by StacatoMum »

Guest55 is spot on on this. I had this issue just this June and though my younger son was entering Year2 during the last 4 wks of the school year we had to home school him first. We encountered the issue on Infant-class size rule and the school we preferred had 30 students already. We were given a school which we didn't want as we were after a particular faith school and we wanted him to attend the same school as his brother.

To cut the long story short, we ticked all the requirements for the school (faith certificates, supporting letters, catchment, sibling etc.) but still can't be accommodated . We jumped a long waiting list which we were told had not moved for 3 years- but since we got all the papers a space was opened to my younger son the next school year (Year3).

It is indeed vital that you are in the area before Council can decide on what school to give your child especially at the KS1 stage.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now