Anyone relocated for DHSB or Colyton?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrsECB

Anyone relocated for DHSB or Colyton?

Post by MrsECB »

Hello all,

I have only just joined the forum and my son is currently in Year 5. We live in SE Cornwall and are within (just) commuting distance to DHSB so are beginning the preparation for our son for the 11+ exam in the hope that he can attend a grammar school.

My husband has just accepted a job North of Exeter and will be commuting up to 85 miles each way every day, so I am now thinking that relocating to Exeter area would make more sense and in 12-18 months time could work out perfectly for school, which would mean our first choice for grammar school would then be Colyton rather than DHSB.

I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced relocating for an 11+ school in Devon as I do not know much about the other schools should my son not be in the top percentile and not be successful in gaining a place at Colyton.

Where we are presently there are alternative schools which we have visited but are not as impressed with as DHSB, mainly due to results not facilities. We are not in a position unfortunately to consider Independent Schools at present so are possibly limited to these two, or possibly look at Torbay could be an option.

It would be great to hear from anyone who has had to make similar decisions please.

Sorry for rambling on!!

Thanks,

Emma.