Supporting documents

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hera

Supporting documents

Post by Hera »

Just want to double check that no documents were required at this stage to be sent to Herts CC proving address. I am sure I wasn't asked for any during the application process. Just occured to me as I haven't needed to give any proof of address/DOB at this stage so far from either the schools or the LA.
Long Journey

Re: Supporting documents

Post by Long Journey »

That's right. But we did give proof of addresss to Parmiters with the SIF as asked for on the form. I am not aware of any other school asking for it at this stage.
Hera

Post by Hera »

Thank you. :D
RationalityRules

Post by RationalityRules »

I was thinking about this just the other day.

So far we parents have gone online, put in our own address (having to prove nothing), claimed to have a child with the right date of birth for the entry year (having to prove nothing), sent a child along to take the exam (who may or may not have been the child we claimed we had, living at the address we claimed we lived at - no ID was requested), and now submitted our application forms to both county and schools (having to prove nothing).

I genuinely have the right aged child living at the correct address who genuinely was the child who sat the exam - I'm sure we all do - but it all does make you wonder a bit about when each family's details will be checked. Before the offers are made? Afterwards? Never?!

Does anyone know how the county and/or the consortium schools (other than Parmiters, already mentioned in this thread) check proof of ID and address?

RR
Hera

Post by Hera »

I actually rang Herts CC in the end just to be sure. The person I spoke to went to check with someone or check something, not sure what. He came back and said if they needed any additional information they would contact me. I imagine they check details against the council tax records and if there are any discrepancies they ask for more information. Perhaps the Consortium leave it up to CC to do the checks.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

After DS1 received his offer of a place (March 2011) we were asked by the school to send a copy of his birth certificate and I think we had to fill in some more forms. Sorry that I can't remember in more detail.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

DAO ask for child benefit letter which is not something people who rent for a few months to get a distance place always think of changing. DG
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I know many people do not claim or are not entitled for child benefit. What happens then? I am sure DAO would be looking at alternatives.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

What family with a 10/11 dc applying for a state secondary would not be in receipt of child benefit? I am sure there is a band of super rich who don't bother to claim but they woudl hardly being applying for a state comprehensive. I don't know anyone with children who doesn't claim. DG
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

Daogroupie wrote:What family with a 10/11 dc applying for a state secondary would not be in receipt of child benefit? I am sure there is a band of super rich who don't bother to claim but they woudl hardly being applying for a state comprehensive. I don't know anyone with children who doesn't claim. DG
Non-EU Immigrants to the country do not get Child Benefit (or any "public funds") until they've got Indefinite Leave to Remain. So Asian children who moved to the UK within the last five years for example.