Stressful at School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GailJ

Stressful at School

Post by GailJ »

Hi, DS was successful in getting into AGSB wihich we are thrilled about, there were just another 2 boys from the class that also passed. I have been really surprised how unpleasant and catty some of the other Mum's have been- claiming that AGSB would be the last school they would send their son's too and that it had a terrible reputation (although their son's took the test!). I have kept really quiet about it but I am really upset about it- just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing? x
Pumpkin Pie

Re: Stressful at School

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Oh dear, it sounds like they are envious of you or should I perhaps say jealous! I have never heard a bad word said about AGSB, quite the contrary! If I were you I would try and just keep away from them. I've learnt that 'Silence is Golden' in some situations.

For me, the worst thing about bringing children up has been the 'gossip at the school gates'. Thankfully my DD will be off to secondary school in 2013, so that will be the end of that! :wink:

Well done to your DS too, I'm sure you're very proud of him! :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sour grapes. Ignore :D
scary mum
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Thanks, you probably right. I have kept quite quiet about it and I've been really pleased for children in his class that have passed exam's for their chosen schools- just shocked at the response of a few. I keep being told that the pastoral care at AGSB is very poor but I hadn't heard this before- has anyone else? x :?:
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

People like this drive me mad, always think if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

I have so many comments like this made to me it was untrue.We are a good distance away from AGSB and my son went without friends, but he has had no problems making lots of them.

As for pastoral care, I luckily haven't had any issues where I have needed much input but I know others have and I haven't heard anything untoward. Don't worry, almost certain its pure jealousy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ginx

Post by ginx »

Hi, I'm not in your region but have experienced exactly the same thing.

I haven't gone bragging about my dd but she has just passed (hopefully - to be confirmed 1 March!) and has a place at our gs.

Her friends have totally stopped talking to her. They were expecting to pass and one of the mum's told me before we got the results, that my daughter wouldn't pass because hers wouldn't.

Then when my dd did pass, they were full of negative comments about the school (conveniently forgetting that they had wanted their dd's to go). Sour grapes. Unpleasant though. Ride the storm - it will pass.

Good luck.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

GailJ

I have sent you a pm

TM
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Thanks so much everyone- I feel much better!
I thought AGSB looked fabulous when we looked around and I had always heard very positive things about it. In fact the only negative things I have heard about it are from Mum's of son's who didn't pass!!
I am sure you are right and it is sour grapes- hope everyone else is hanging in there, only have to pick up from school for another 8 months!!
Thanks again :lol:
ginx

Post by ginx »

GailJ - eight months feels a long time when my dd comes out of school upset virtually every day because she's upset because someone isn't talking to her. She's been with her friends for eight? years and they have had fall outs before - but this is worst.

Those going to one school are sticking together, leaving my dd with one other.

Eight long months ... then over!
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

ginx wrote:Hi, I'm not in your region but have experienced exactly the same thing.

I haven't gone bragging about my dd but she has just passed (hopefully - to be confirmed 1 March!) and has a place at our gs.

Her friends have totally stopped talking to her. They were expecting to pass and one of the mum's told me before we got the results, that my daughter wouldn't pass because hers wouldn't.

Then when my dd did pass, they were full of negative comments about the school (conveniently forgetting that they had wanted their dd's to go). Sour grapes. Unpleasant though. Ride the storm - it will pass.

Good luck.
I've had similar but instead of her friends not talking to her, it's the mums that aren't talking to me! I've never even mentioned the exam or results since we found out DD passed so they all found out on the grapevine, I certainly didn't boast about it.
Last edited by Halemum on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now