Bus to HSFG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressed?Moi?

Bus to HSFG

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Can anyone tell me please how much it costs to travel from Cheltenham to HSFG. Thanks
Weaver

Re: Bus to HSFG

Post by Weaver »

Do you mean on the School bus, or the normal Stagecoach buses?

Assuming the latter, it costs £62 per 4 weeks for a Megarider+ bus pass, giving you unlimited journeys in that time. However, my DD buys a 'Flexi-rider' pass, which gives you 12 journeys for the price of 10. This works out a bit cheaper than the Megariders, because there is no child fare on the Megarider pass. The price will depend on your fare point.

HTH
Weaver
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Ah yes sorry, I meant to say the "private" bus.

Wow, isn't public transport expensive!
Chelt_Dad

Post by Chelt_Dad »

DS1 uses the Bennetts STRS bus which is shared by HSFG girls, he goes from Charlton Kings every day and that costs around £1000 for the year. If you spread the cost it costs more than paying it off in one go.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Chelt_Dad wrote:DS1 uses the Bennetts STRS bus which is shared by HSFG girls, he goes from Charlton Kings every day and that costs around £1000 for the year. If you spread the cost it costs more than paying it off in one go.
Great thanks. Do they have allocated buses/seating and passes, or can the dc's sit with who they want, ie with their friends (important when you are 11!)
Chelt_Dad

Post by Chelt_Dad »

You apply after March school allocation for a particular route and the bus pass, details on the Bennetts website, and you get a place on the route if it is not oversubscribed. The buses meander through Cheltenham in the morning collecting the children and seating is a bun fight.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Many thanks for this.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now