Any news for the Sep 2013 test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ccl

Any news for the Sep 2013 test?

Post by ccl »

I was quite shocked and surprised when I overheard some mums in the playground saying the exam might change completely for the children taking the exam in less than a year's time....

The headteachers at my children's grammer school and primary schools (I have 3 different schools) had said nothing and neither had the local government and no info sent out. I think it is reasonable that if you have a child in year 5, you should be entitled to some official statement. I had already started preparing him for the old vr 21q-type test, since spring and summer is very busy for me work wise. Rumours should not be the way you find out about these things.... Of course I went straight home and started searching the web and found a 4-line comment on the local gov page, nothing on the grammer school pages. The best source of info has been this forum!!! I sent emails out and realised that this was not just a fake rumour, but that everyone knew that changes may happen but not WHAT would happen. I was just told to keep checking the web-page. .... So,lucky I heard that mum talking in the playground.....

So disorganised and shocking that no info has been sent out.

Finally, does anyone know anything more about these potential changes?
scary mum

Re: Any news for the Sep 2013 test?

Post by scary mum »

There is a sticky at the top of the Buckinghamshire page:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=29356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
wodev

Post by wodev »

Isn't that sticky link all about the appeals process as opposed to the exam though? No-one seems to know anything about the alleged changes to the exam. And as I too have a child in Yr5, I'm wondering what to do.

So, any changes to the exam structure and/or question types and/or number of papers been announced yet?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sorry, wrong one posted in haste. There are a few threads about this, including this one:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=28184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

According to the DCHS Governors Report the changes will be 'consulted on in January 2013'.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now