Second Child - Coaching

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Second Child - Coaching

Post by Guest »

Hello, I have a child who will start King Edwards Grammar in Sept. I also have a second child going into year 4 at primary. My question was to any parent with epxerience of coaching/preparing and helping their second child for the KEGS tests. When would be be the best time, and as you can appreciate, using experience from the first child doesn't always tarnspire to the second child as they are individuals with different interests and personalaties. If anyone can share their experience it would be appreciated.
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

Hi there.
I also have my eldest starting at KE (Aston) this September. Although there are nearly 18 months between my children, my daughter is going into year 6 and will therefore sit the grammar exams this year. Although my daughter is bright, and despite all reassurances we have given her, I know she feels pressure to perform. We have been concentrating on her work since January of this year. I know a lot of people start before this, and a bit every now and then will help, but I didn't want her to get fed up too quickly - there are so many other things that children of 10 want to do!!
I must admit, I will be glad in Nov when all the extra work will be finished.
Anyway, best of luck with your second.