How is everyone feeling?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2littleboys

How is everyone feeling?

Post by 2littleboys »

Just wondered how you are all feeling/coping before the big day on Friday?

Personally I will be so glad when Friday afternoon is finally here and we find out the results as Im driving myself around the bend :roll: Even if the news is not what we hope at least we will KNOW.

Luckily my son is not too anxious at the moment mainly because I have purposefully arranged a couple of nice treats this week to take his mind off the results on Friday (however I wished I had arranged a few nice treats for myself as well as I seem to be more nervous than he is-maybe its not too late to arrange that massage I've been promising myself for months!)
EmzMum

Re: How is everyone feeling?

Post by EmzMum »

I feel the same! I'll be glad when it's finally all over and for better or worse we can make firm plans for my DD's future.

Of course I hope she qualifies but I am already so proud of all the hard work she put in and the maturity she has shown throughout the process that I am beginning to see a qualifying score as a huge bonus rather than a defining characteristic of the 11+ process.

We have also planned a treat night. I just hope, in the event she doesn't get the result she wants, she'll still be in the mood for treats!!

Good luck!! :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Thinking of you all, I feel nervous and I'm not even gongthrough it - it's just the memory of doing it three times!

Good luck to all, and give your DCs a big hug, whatever the outcome.
scary mum
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Good luck to you all. It really doesn't feel like a year ago when I opened the dreaded envelope!

And yes, big hugs and big treats for you and your children. I hope everything works out well for everyone.
FeelingSick

Post by FeelingSick »

Will just be glad to know one way or the other and have this cloud lifted.

Poor kid keeps asking when results are out and has had various instances of being told by unhelpful school mates of early results days so is now quite tense. Poor soul.

Just keep saying it doesn't matter if she passes or fails, although it actually will make a difference to us as a family.

She wanted a dinner out at our fav pub if she passed. I said no, because if she fails and then can't have the treat she will be double gutted.

It's bad enough she failed a recent piano grade. I haven't the heart to tell her.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

FeelingSick wrote:She wanted a dinner out at our fav pub if she passed. I said no, because if she fails and then can't have the treat she will be double gutted.
Can you take her out either way? The treat is for the hard work, not the result.
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Sally-Anne wrote:
FeelingSick wrote:She wanted a dinner out at our fav pub if she passed. I said no, because if she fails and then can't have the treat she will be double gutted.
Can you take her out either way? The treat is for the hard work, not the result.
Oh heavens, yes, take her out for the dinner anyway! We celebrated every milestone - the end of the final 11+ exam, each of the 11+ results, the final allocation, the start of his first day at big school. Maybe we just like celebrating too much?! :lol:
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Yes, I second that. Take DD out. Surely she deserves it for all her hard work and it is quite a stressful time for all concerned.

Hope you will be out celebrating though! :wink:
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

Yes I agree with previous comments. You should take your family out, no matter what the result. All the children have tried their best in what is really a horrible system for everyone and too way too much pressure than any 10 / 11 year old should have to face. Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
FeelingSick

Post by FeelingSick »

Thanks guys. you are, of course, right, and I was definately thinking along the same lines.

Just trying to manage expectations and also not promise something dependent on success and then still reward failure. It was her idea to had a meal if she passes.

I've four kids so going out is a huge treat as it's so expensive so we try and save it for when something truely amazing happens.

If she passes we might even have something from the sweet trolley!

Failure will envitably result in a trip to KFC.

edit to say we did have fish and chips when the 11plus was over, also when eldest did her BMAT. Sadly result was not good enough for Cambridge so we didn't celebrate that day.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now