Anybody has moved house?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
flybee

Anybody has moved house?

Post by flybee »

Hi,

My daughter is in year 5 and preparing for 11+.We live 14 miles(North wales -Ewloe) away from wirral girls grammer school and It seems it is difficult for her to get a place because of the distance.After a long thought me and my husband decided to move to the wirral catchment area.We are planning to give it to rent our own house in Ewloe and move to a rental house in wirral.Does anybody has done this before?Do the wirral LEA asks for any rental contract?If so how many months contract do we need to show?On wirral CAF instructions it says we have to sell our current house,but when i callled wirral LEA regarding this they are not too particular about this.We are planning to move in May and planning to move my daughter's school also.Can sombody suggest a good primary school in Bebington?

I have asked lot of questions in one post,but I am sure sombody should be able to help from this forum.

Thanks,
Flybee
Newbie But Stressed

Re: Anybody has moved house?

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Wirral Grammar is a great School, my DD goes there.

Would I uproot for this School probably not, knowing what it is like. I don't think it's worth the moving.

But hey , I don't know what the Schools are like in North Wales.

You also don't need to live on top of Wirral Grammar. (probably within 7 Miles)

My DS goes to Brackenwood School (across the road from WGSG) , I think this is a nice pleasant school and would have no problems recommending.

http://www.brackenwoodjuniors.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have heard Higher Bebington is a very good school and pushes the children to 11+ but maybe difficult to get in. Kids in my sons Class have left to go to Higher Beb which tells you it's in demand.

It has a Outstanding Ofsted report,

http://www.higherbebington.wirral.sch.uk/home.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good Luck,