bucks 11+ 2012 results..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bucksmum9

bucks 11+ 2012 results..

Post by bucksmum9 »

Hi everyone,

Countdown has begun for the results...will our kids be handed the results in a sealed envelope on 30 th nov?....and will the letter just say whether your child has passed or not or will they also give us the standardised score??
scary mum

Re: bucks 11+ 2012 results..

Post by scary mum »

I think you may have put this in the wrong section?

The letter will give both scores, only one of which needs to be at least 121. If you are in county they will be handed out at the end of the day in a sealed envelope and will be addressed to you.

Good luck. Having been through this 3 times, my sympathies are with you.

PS it isn't known as "pass" or "fail" but "qualified" (or is it "selected"?)

All a bit vague, sorry, but you get the gist - you will get the standardised scores.
scary mum
bucksmum9

Post by bucksmum9 »

ok...lets see what lies in store for my DD...Thanks scary mum that was helpful..

Moved to Bucks section.

FeelingSick

Post by FeelingSick »

Is this the thread for results.

If so, DD bombed. Got 107 and 108. No chance of appeal. Head teacher very sorry and would have supported an appeal with higher score because she is a bright soul who applies herself well at school. Result doesn't really reflect CAT scores which were 9 , 8 and 8 which should have put her a lot closer to 121, if not over it.

Reason for low score - she just wasn't getting up to speed, couldn't finish a paper and her vocab needed lots more work. She also preferred to have a melt down than do a paper - so all this about rewarding 'hard work' doesn't apply to her. I think she could have tried harder. KFC for us on Friday :o(

It still hasn't really hit me the impact this is going to have on the whole family. I still feel sick.

Now having made all these harsh comments I do love my kid. I've told her didn't get enough to go to the grammar, not that she 'failed the test'. I said she will probably be better off in the second choice which is a smaller school with a gentler approach and better sport! Positive spin is rife. None of her sisters or brother went to grammar before 6th form and have done/are doing very well.

I also told her she doesn't have to tell anyone her result when she goes in if she doesn't want. Kids are so cruel.
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

So sorry to hear that FeelingSick :(
It helped ds to know that two of his best friends didn't qualify either.
Your dd will do well, the exam just isn't for everyone. Best of luck to her.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now