Twins

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rho40

Twins

Post by Rho40 »

Ok. So one twin passed the 11+, the other didn't. Will they be allocated different schools? Do I need to do anything now?
Thanks in advance
Pumpkin Pie

Re: Twins

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

My guess is that they will be allocated different schools. My DS's friends who were twins were separated last year. One passed, one failed. The parents appealed at the GS, but the appeal was unsuccessful. I myself passed the 11+ but my twin failed. We ended up at different schools but it was never a problem between us.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Rho40 - welcome! Are you considering review or appeal for the twin who did not get the score? If so you need to have a read of the FAQ http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Otherwise it will be a case of being allocated different schools on March 1st
Rho40

Post by Rho40 »

That's interesting thanks. I had assumed they would be allocated the same school actually so we need to think about the practicalities of having them at different schools. We are meeting the head teacher tomorrow to see if she'll support a review for the one who didn't qualify. Their QCAs and. sats have been similar up until now, but one suffers from exam stress and a medical condition, so perhaps a review is worth a try.
Thanks
Rho
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now