13+ exmas

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lorna

13+ exmas

Post by Lorna »

Hi, I would like to find out more about the 13+ exams for a 2nd chance for Grammar schools, could anyone help direct me in the right direction for more information for Kent area. Thanks :)
yoyo123

Re: 13+ exmas

Post by yoyo123 »

try contacting the schools directly
raymae

Post by raymae »

Hi there, My son took the kent test, Although he passed, the grammar i wanted required a Bexley test pass. (I didnt realise this until it was too late for him to sit it) When i phoned bexley borough to ask what i can do, I was told that my son could sit the 13plus for bexley area ... But in order to do this he would need to reach level 5a in maths, english and Science by the end of year 7, or have a pass in the kent 11plus.
raymae

Post by raymae »

Sorry, Bit hasty sending my post just then :oops:
I would imagine that kent would work in a similar way. It would be a good idea to check requirments. Id suggest giving the kent secondary admissions a call. x
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

As far as I am aware KCC doesn't have a 13+ test as such (eg like Bucks), I am fairly sure that each school would have its own test after the usual Y6/7 transfer. Certainly when a colleague's son wanted to transfer from High School for beginning of year 8 he sat a test devised by the loca lgrammar school ( it was literacy and maths ). Your best bet is to contact KCC admissions.

This
https://shareweb.kent.gov.uk/Documents/ ... e-0810.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

is a link to their booklet for transferring from one secondary school to another. I have always found KCC admissions really helpful.
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

Grammar schools in Kent set their own 12 or 13 plus tests while Bexley council set test for all grammar in Bexley 11plus, 12 and 13 plus.

Contact KCC with in year admission form, they will contact the school and the school will arrange the test for your son. In Dartford and Wilmington, the test is Maths, English and CAT. Maths and English could be at level 6 questions.

In Bexley, your son must achieve level 5a for 12 plus before they can write the exam while 6a for 13 plus in Maths, English and Science. The test is on VR and NVR.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now