12+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sbates

12+

Post by sbates »

Is the 12+ definitely finished?
What are our other options with the new acadamy's? Surely they will want to fill places if people move on? How is this possible without a later entry exam?
candy46

Re: 12+

Post by candy46 »

From looking at the RGS website it would seem you will have to sit an entrance exam for each school, but thats only any good if they have a place! Nightmare I know :(
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

It's not finished but yes, most schools now administer their own entry process for late transfer.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The information you need is here. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... -procedure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4 of the schools are continuing to use the same Bucks test, and the 3 Aylesbury grammars appear to be operating a "consortium" test.

The reality of the 12+ is that unless you live very close to a school, you are unlikely to get a place, and therefore the children will sit two tests at the very most. (Unless you are planning to appeal for every school, that is! I don't recommend it ...)
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

Sally-Anne, What is a "consortium" test ?
As these 3 Grammers have stated they will be doing in house verbal reasoning tests.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

A consortium is where schools band together to do something - such as the 12+ test. (Another example of that is Birmingham, where all the schools work together to have a single test.)

In Aylesbury it just means that a boy or girl will sit one test, and then be in with a chance at either SHF or one of the single gender schools.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

The 2 single gender school have banded together (AGS and Girls high school)
and Sfg will be doing there own testing, so does this mean if you pass the Sfg test you can not apply for the single sex school for our ds.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

You need to speak to SHF, but I have the impression that there is a single test for all three Aylesbury Schools, not just AHS and AGS.

I base that assumption on the fact that all three state that they are setting an in-house Verbal Reasoning test. That seems to me to be a huge coincidence and, given how close the schools are to each other, I am sure that they would wish to avoid the children having to take two different tests. (If not, they should be considering it!)
does this mean if you pass the Sfg test you can not apply for the single gender school for our ds.
I don't know where you get that idea from? You have a perfect right to apply to both.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

I spoke to AGS and they confirmed over the phone that if they pass the SFG tests they will be placed only in that school as you need to pass there tests to go to there school.
This is quiet disturbing as before a pass would of ment that you could attend or be put on the waiting list for either of the GS schools. :(
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

According to the Yr7 girl sitting across the table from me right now, her parents have had to register seperately to sit both the AHS and the SHF test. It'll be interesting to see if there are significant difference in her scores!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now