Headteacher hasn't completed Summary Sheet

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MrsMac

Headteacher hasn't completed Summary Sheet

Post by MrsMac »

Hi

I am really struggling with what to put in the review and I have to send it off tomorrow. It doesn't help that the headteacher wasn't aware of the timescales for the review and so has left it late to complete the summary sheet. She has been away at a conference and no one seems to no what is happening with them. I have called Bucks who say it is ok as long as I can get the headteacher report in before Xmas.

The problem is the school doesn't do SATS and so I only have SATS predictions based on the CATS test that dd has done and based on what the headteacher has told me which is that she is predicted level 5s and possibly 6 in maths. Her year 5 report lists that she is achieving above the national average across all subjects but that's all, nothing concrete and measurable. My DDs yr 4 CATS were not very strong with 115 in Verbal, 121 in Quant and 114 in Verbal however she achieved 141, 125 and 120 in the yr 6 CATS. Would it be worth including Yr 4 CATS to show the progression or would that cast doubt on her good scores in the recent CATS?

I was hoping to see what the headteacher review so that I can reference it in my statement, but now it feels like I haven't written enough and haven't included enough evidence. I can't believe how quickly parents are expected to gather all this information and really disappointed that the headteacher wasn't even aware of the change to the appeals process.
charliec

Re: Headteacher hasn't completed Summary Sheet

Post by charliec »

If it helps at all it does say you can email the information, ie form and attachments. That gives you a bit more time and men's you can leave it until Friday afternoon if you had to.
MrsMac

Post by MrsMac »

Thank you Charliec.

I hadn't realised I could email the information across. That definitely helps, hopefully the HT will have the form ready for tomorrow and then I can see if there's anything I have left out.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

MrsMac wrote: My DDs yr 4 CATS were not very strong with 115 in Verbal, 121 in Quant and 114 in Verbal however she achieved 141, 125 and 120 in the yr 6 CATS. Would it be worth including Yr 4 CATS to show the progression or would that cast doubt on her good scores in the recent CATS?
Leave out the Y4 CATs - the Y6 ones are likely to be more representative of her ability. There isn't generally a "progression" with CATs, but there is such a thing as "getting used to doing them", and that is clearly what has happened with your DD.
joan_joan

Post by joan_joan »

I think you need to still post your form to avoid any delay. For Step 5, you may select " I will forward the Headteacher’s Selection Review Summary Sheet as soon as I have received it" when you fill the form. Anyway, suggest you call their support telephone to find out.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

joan_joan wrote:I think you need to still post your form to avoid any delay. For Step 5, you may select " I will forward the Headteacher’s Selection Review Summary Sheet as soon as I have received it" when you fill the form. Anyway, suggest you call their support telephone to find out.
There is a box under section 5 which says "I will forward the Headteacher's sheet......as soon as I have received it". I'm no expert but I would tick that and get the res f the paperwork in on time
MrsMac

Post by MrsMac »

Thank you all for the replies. The headteacher included the weaker CATS scores in her report.

However my dd is predicted 5A English and 6 in Maths so we'll see. Managed to send off Thursday afternoon and it was delivered today.

Thank you, the information on this site has been invaluable, I didn't have a clue where to start.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now