This forum

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
curious

This forum

Post by curious »

I have been looking at this forum for a few days now, and I have to say that it is very good and has a lot of information. I was only wondering about a few things. Does the advice on the forum encompass any product, or only the products sold on the site, and are the people who give advice independent or commissioned by the site? Thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Curious

I have never been gagged by the owner of this site, my advice is totally impartial. I do not believe anyone else has been gagged.

I have never been commissioned to advertise certain publishers.I do not believe that anyone else has.

I believe this site to be ABSOLUTELY genuine in its aims, helping parents through the 11 plus system.

I agree with you 'it is very good' and has 'a lot of information'

Have you a child that is about to embark on the 11 plus system?

Patricia
znoto

Post by znoto »

This forum has been a blessing to me.thanks to Catherine,Patricia and all the other parents.
Sally-Anne

Re: This forum

Post by Sally-Anne »

curious wrote:I have been looking at this forum for a few days now, and I have to say that it is very good and has a lot of information. I was only wondering about a few things. Does the advice on the forum encompass any product, or only the products sold on the site, and are the people who give advice independent or commissioned by the site? Thanks
Goodness, now there's a thought. Get PAID for all the time and work we put in? 8) :lol: Even the site owner doesn't make anything from it - he donates any profit to charity.

I will confess that I tend to recommend IPS papers and the Tutors CDs, but only because my son used them for 12+ prep and we found them very good. And any attempt to gag me would lead to a very loud squawk indeed!

Glad you like the site.

Sally-Anne
Catherine

Re: This forum

Post by Catherine »

curious wrote:I have been looking at this forum for a few days now, and I have to say that it is very good and has a lot of information. I was only wondering about a few things. Does the advice on the forum encompass any product, or only the products sold on the site, and are the people who give advice independent or commissioned by the site? Thanks
Speaking for myself, no, I am absolutely not commisioned by the site, in any way or shape, I am just an ex 11+ parent. I don't advise a lot about products because my knowledge is limited and a bit outdated, and generally, I try to be as honest as possible. I think that it is the case for most parents here.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

I tend to wear two hats, one as an author of products available on the site and one as an independent person. Occassionally the two come together.

I do not receive commisions from the site, but I do receive profits from sales of products published by The Tutors.

The Tutors have no partnership or business connection with the site other than in the production of products where the components are distinct i.e The Tutors write questions, elevenplusexams.co.uk creates the software. We both own the copyrights to our independent contributions.

I do refer people to other authors, when appropriate, and the advice I give tends to be consistent with other contributors.

What is most interesting about this particular forum is the ability for contributors to occasionally disagree with each other.

Regards

Mike