year 9 entry to DCGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thefirs

year 9 entry to DCGS

Post by thefirs »

does anyone know anything about the DCGS intake exams for year 9. anywhere where i can get a copy of one or a tutor ?
Guest55

Re: YEAR 9 Entry to DCGS

Post by Guest55 »

Very unlikely that there will be places - have you asked the school?
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

no looked on the web, you have register by 2nd week of jan, just a passing thought........
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

anyone else????
Amber

Post by Amber »

Maybe you would do better posting in the Bucks section?

For a reason not immediately obvious to me, it appears that places at Bucks grammars don't come up after initial entry. I wonder why this is? Here in Gloucs where we have far fewer grammars which are superselective (no catchment areas so kids can come from Timbuctoo if they can get there) and take many fewer children than in Bucks, but entry into all higher years can and does happen (schools have their own procedures). Do people never move house, or change schools in Bucks?

One thing maybe to think of in such seemingly impossible situations is going in at sixth form level.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Amber wrote:Maybe you would do better posting in the Bucks section?
I've moved you to Bucks.
MollyB

Post by MollyB »

I know of several boys who sat the late transfer test for DCGS one of the parents enquired as to what they needed to do to prepare her son for the test and they stated that the English and Maths test would be on the national curriculum key stage 3 they did not not give out any past papers and that the child need do no more than the work he was covering at his present school. Personally I would make sure he is confident with the key stage 3 maths topics, look at key stage 3 curriculum English revision books and practice the occassional English essay. I would be very surprised if a space became available as they place the boys on the waiting list according to their scores. It would be wise to apply to Chesham Grammar also as they do sometimes have spaces.
thefirs

Re: year 9 entry to DCGS

Post by thefirs »

thanks for moving me i didnt know i was in the wrong place . LOL !

thanks molly for the info
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now