Writing on the vr question paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

suffolkmum

Writing on the vr question paper

Post by suffolkmum »

Please could someone with prior experience advice whether the students are allowed to do their working out on the vr question paper ? I know that they are provided with a separate piece of paper for this purpose, but will they be penalised if they write anything on the vr question paper ?
ahap

Re: Writing on the vr question paper

Post by ahap »

I asked the same question last year and the answer is you can do the working out on the question paper.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
moved

Post by moved »

There was an issue with this last year as some candidates were told not to write on the paper. I would advise your DC not to hear that instruction as it is inconsistent with other schools.
Jade

Post by Jade »

What happen with them then,does they got past mark ? And which school they in?
bravado

Post by bravado »

DD2 told me that she wrote on her VR question sheet at the 11+ at CoCHS on 22 September this year. As far as I can tell, it didn't prejudice her marks and she scored a very respectable 360 (standardised) with a 73/80 raw score. She isn't home at the moment, so I can't say whether spare paper was issued on the day - I'll check when she gets back, although I'll probably get the standard "I can't remember" response :lol: She pretty much erased all memory of the exams the minute she stepped out of the hall that day and we'd made a pact not to talk about it, anyway. One thing she does remember, is that the girl sat behind her, constantly Jangled little bells for the first 10 minutes of all three papers - she even remembers the girl's name :x

When I telephoned CSSE, they said there wouldn't be any spare paper - but I'd highly recommend calling and asking, as I know from experience, that you don't always get the same answer twice, when it comes to CSSE :roll: :wink:

Update: She was given scrap paper in the VR but not the other papers.