papers 1 and 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SELENA

papers 1 and 2

Post by SELENA »

Please confirm whether this is true or just another distraction to drive us all insane. Any question type that has been on paper 1 is probably not going to re-appear on paper 2. Somebody told me that immediately after paper 1, I should go through the question types with my daughter and tick these off as they won't be on paper 2; then we can concentrate on the ones that are likely to be in paper 2. Surely this cannot be true! can it??
HIlda

overlap of questions on two papers

Post by HIlda »

Patricia will pop in to answer this.

My memory is that Type Z always appears on both papers, and two other question types will appear on both papers (which type will vary from year to year), but otherwise there is no overlap. Last October this forum published the details of the question types which were on the first paper, by the end of the day on which the first paper was sat - but there was then much debate on the forum as to whether this information gave an unfair advantage to any pupil taking the paper late for some reason (in county but ill, or out of county and sitting at half term), so the correspondence was all removed.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I thought more types were repeated -
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Selena

This has cropped up a couple of times, and my recollection is that Hilda is correct. Type Z (the lengthy deduction questions) have always turned up once on each paper in the past. Obviously, if a question type has not appeared on the first paper, there is a higher probability that it will be on the second. However, that does not tell you which of the question types already set will also turn up!

The children must expect any question type on the second paper and not rest on their laurels.

Sally-Anne
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

There are twelve question types on the first paper.

The nine question types that did not occur on the first paper will appear on the second paper.

Both papers contain type 15 (Z type questions) therefore there should be two question types that appeared in paper 1 that will also appear in paper 2.

For Bucks you only need to get a pass mark on either one of the papers.

Regards

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now