Best Cd package to buy for Essex

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Louisa29

Best Cd package to buy for Essex

Post by Louisa29 »

Hi can anyone tell me the best cd package to buy through this website for 11+ Essex.

Many thanks!
Louisa29

Post by Louisa29 »

I meant to specify Verbal Reasoning cds. Sorry!

Post by Guest »

The Verbal Reasoning Exams in Essex, both Consortium and independent grammar schools, are based on NFER Verbal Reasoning.

The closest CDs that cover all 21 types (eg Redbridge uses 21 types), which also encompasses the Consortium exams (which has 15 types of questions - the first 15 types on the CDs) are those by The Tutors.

Volume 1 (has 1,050 questions) and gives you 50 practice questions in each question type used by NFER.

Volume 2 (has 1,200 questions) and gives you 12 tests of 100 questions each used by NFER.
Louisa29

Post by Louisa29 »

Thanks so much - I shall order The Tutors CD.
:lol:

Post by Guest »

Hi there, can anyone recommend the best for Kent also please??

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Hi Kent is also NFER based exams, but they only do the first 15 types of questions.

Therefore you have a choice of either The Tutors or Tuition For You.

The Tutors CDs (2 volumes) are effectively a course on Volume 1 followed by practice papers on volume 2.

Tuition For You (1 Volume), written by a Kent based tutor, is a series of practice papers.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guests

You need to be very careful here. You need to find out which types of questions come up in the tests. You cannot compare The Tutors and Tuition for you, If you look at their demos they are using different types of questions.

The tutors would be helpful for areas using VR Multiple Choice NFER,15/21 Tuition would not be suitable for NFER VR M/C.

Standard form is a different kettle of fish. Some questions used by NFER standard form do not lend themselves to Multiple Choice eg anagrams.

You need to do your homework for your own area, asking the schools and tutors. In addition you may wish to post in your specific region [found further down the front page of the forum.]

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now