KES Exam, Saturday 12th

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
UmSusu

KES Exam, Saturday 12th

Post by UmSusu »

Hello all,

Now that we are over the usual December lull, I thought things might pick up with the new year 5 bunch and the last minute KES preppers but you all seem to be such a relaxed and confident bunch this year! :D

Well 2 days to go for KES: after all that speculation about they would have less candidates, it seems they have just had the highest number of applicants ever. They have over 700 - that is at least 80 more than last year! Yes, I thought I would share that joyous of news with all of you to help you relax over the next few days :wink: . I am worried now, but that is not going to get me anywhere.

NASA, in case you read this: I did read your post somewhere about your son's scores on the independent papers but I didn't get a chance to reply at the time: they were very decent scores. Hopefully, he will do well. As you mentioned, the long gap between KEGS and KES exams has shown a big change in DSs mindset - he is summer born and I think he has grown up a lot in these few months.

Best of luck. We have done what we can. We just have to wait for what will be now.

UmSusu
UmSusu
NASA

Re: KES Exam, Saturday 12th

Post by NASA »

Hi UmSusu

Received our letter from kes a couple of days ago and yes 700 applicants! I'm now seriously stressing.

Ds is doing well at home just hope he does the same on the day ( he does occasionally make some very silly mistakes and his adament the figures changed while I'm marking...lol) He seems pretty confident and is really looking forward to it, I'm nervous for the both of us!!

He has been home tutored, I just hope we've done enough :)

How's your son?

Fingers crossed, god willing, inshallah :)

NASA
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

We have DIY too. DS is as ready as he will ever be. We have done the groundwork, the rest is not up to us now.

Personally I am sick to the back teeth of having exams hanging over us and can't wait to put it behind us - so God only know how he feels.
UmSusu
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Good luck to all those sitting the KES exam tomorrow!
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

Yes, good luck for tomorrow! Hope it goes well for you :D
NASA

Post by NASA »

Good morning all,

Ds dropped off the morning, not much traffic as we got there pretty early :) ds seemed calm I was fine too untill we arrived at the front of the school.
Greeted by the chief master it suddenly felt all real, I think I might have even shed a tear!!

I hope he has a brilliant day, does the best he can - no silly mistakes. He has grown so much over the past few months (teachers at his primary school have also commented on how much he has suddenly matured :)) so proud of him what ever the results will bring.

Now all we have to do is wait...

Hope it goes well for all :)

NASA
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Yes these are a long 6 hours. They will be finishing off their English paper now.

My DS is so cool about everything usually but we couldn't pull him from out of his bed this morning - he kept getting back in! I think we managed to calm his nerves he didn't even bother to turn and say goodbye properly as he got into the school - he just said 'is it through here?' and walked in casually before I could say anything :? Everyone else was saying long goodbyes as if they were going to war : it's nice but I felt quite bad for not saying anything more profound than 'er yes'.

It was very calm. I guess the chaos will be in the afternoon.

UmSusu
UmSusu
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

Hi all,
No probs getting in this morning but expecting delays later!!
Ds looked suitably pale and sick... The thought of been in a hall not knowing any one scares him more than the exam. He's the only one from his school taking the exam, he could see boys in friendship groups on the way in to add to his nerves!!
The promise of playing cricket( been a long winter without it for him) helped overcome any nerves.
I just told him he's got nothing to lose and everything to gain and to try and enjoy the day!!
700 is a lot of boys and with needing an ap we have a very slim chance any way but fingers crossed. One more exam next week and all done (can't wait)
Hope everyone else's ds's have a least a bit of fun today!
MaryMcG

Post by MaryMcG »

My son was calm this morning - but I am really worried about him in this exam. I hope all the boys have had a good day. This is the last exam for us and our preference so it will be a nail biting wait. Have a good afternoon with your boys.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

It is our first choice too so there is a lot riding on this one. I just wonder why they have had so many more applicants this year? I am more tense than I thought I would be. At least we don't have to wait too long until they contact us with results - unless we are lucky ( or should i say unlikely) enough to get a call for interview before then :shock:

They are about to do their last paper now. I almost wish I could do it for him - but then again it is probably better if I don't!

UmSusu
UmSusu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now