Global Perspectives Course

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
flowerpot

Global Perspectives Course

Post by flowerpot »

Hi,

My DD is in year 12 and has been given the option to do global perspectives at her school, and she is unsure about whether to do this course.

Does anyone know whether this course is worthwhile/well recognised? She is worried it is going to be a burden on her other a-levels.

Thanks
Amber

Re: Global Perspectives Course

Post by Amber »

I can only find it as an iGCSE - is that it?
Very trendy atm, anything with the word 'global' in it. I would suggest if she wants to do something related at uni (Politics, International Relations, maybe History) and has time on her hands, it might be worth looking into. If neither applies, personally I would move on. Be interesting to hear what others have to say.
flowerpot

Post by flowerpot »

It is a Cambridge Pre-U course, and is offered in year 12 as a short course. Personally, I would encourage her to take it if I knew it would be beneficial, but seeing as she is taking science subjects and hopes to do medicine, the time involved may affect her AS results. Not sure what to do at the moment :?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Get her to contact the universities? Look on TSR?
Bookmark

Post by Bookmark »

Bumping up this old thread to ask if anyone has more feedback on this? (Pre-U certficate in Global Perspectives)
Edited to say DD did an EPQ already and enjoyed it. Is it more of the same? Worth the effort?