Hampton - scholarship interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BusyQueenBee

Hampton - scholarship interviews

Post by BusyQueenBee »

Just wondering if anyone has already been called for this? In the leaflet, it said they would start scholarship interviews three days after the exam, so that's quick! I guess if we haven't received a call or an email by now... :?
Plus11

Re: Hampton - scholarship interviews

Post by Plus11 »

I'm sorry but it doesn't look good:( I got the call the next evening after the exam (last Tuesday?) and another friend of DS got the call on the same day. Have already had the interview, although I think a few will have it at the beginning of this week. I'm talking about the academic scholarships though, no clue about the other ones...
If it's of any consolation, it was a very tough competition this year and sometimes it really is down to a bit of luck on the day. Reasoning paper was apparently the toughest and not the usual Bond-type paper.
I know that it's the wait, that's the hardest but perhaps he will still get an offer as the rest of DS friends have not gotten a call yet. Fingers crossed and best of luck!!!
BusyQueenBee

Post by BusyQueenBee »

Thank you plus11 and well done to your son! So, it is as I expected...DS sat other exams last week and managed to finish them all, felt really happy about them...except Hampton! He did not have time to finish maths and that really surprised us as he usually scores high... I think the exam was like a shock to him after the holidays and a very hard one aswell.

Good luck!
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Plus11 - just out of interest - did your son also sit Hampton's 10+ and pass? Because the interviewees we know who have already got scholarship calls were all successful 10+ candidates, which made me wonder if they marked those candidates first, knowing they were definitely of high calibre. Otherwise - surely they'd have to mark all the papers on day 1 to know who to call.
Bestichka

Post by Bestichka »

We only applied for Art scholarship, and haven't heard from school yet apart from their initial scholarship application acknowledgement advising of the arts test date. Sat the exam, now waiting - i wonder if they'd send us a "no thank you don't bother coming for arts test" letter if DS didn't particularly shine?... God, this is sooooo excrutiating :( i'm a total neurotic wreck now, and we have one more exam on Thursday!..

My heart truly goes out to all poor parents and DCs who're in the middle of this torture...
BusyQueenBee

Post by BusyQueenBee »

Bestichka,
Hampton finally called and apparently DS has done well in the exam and he is being invited to interview. I am a bit confused whether it's scholarship or not but I suspect it is not. Still, he is very pleased... We will have a music audition too.